Kerfed underseat enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

CheЯRyMan

cherrymancustoms.com
I was asked to kerf this enclosure to match the contour of the rear seat. Kerfing in a sloped wedge is very tricky it adds a compound angle to the the sloped walled that is also curved. The box is made for a sa-8 with a mounting depth of 4.75" Most of these builds have a bulge in the top to account for the mounting depth I was able to flute the roof so it it gradually gets deeper. This means the enclosures roof is only 1/16th" at the edge of the pocket the wedged flute minimizes flexing. To cover the exposed seams and kerf at the top I planed down 3/4" mdf to 1/16th and added the skin to keep the lines clean. The double walls were needed to displace more volume, hold up the recessed top and give an extra L shaped glue joint for more surface area for a better seal.

Will that fit the standard seat height or does it have a seat lift? I have buddy with a 2010 crew and can't find anybody who will build one without having the truck.

In some vehicles the manufacture using bolts so you can lift up the seat with blocks and use longer bolts. BUT a 2013 Chevy has studs coming out of the floor so a .5 washer was used to lift the seat with the stock studs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CheЯRyMan

cherrymancustoms.com
CheЯRyMan
Jackson TN.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from