Kenwood X990 Tuning help PLEASE!!!!

You can't do this easy simple thing, how did you setup the sub then? How did you setup the crossover and gain?????????? Read a little bit and educate yourself.

I know how to install a system and a cd player from experiance. When i make a video you'll see what i mean man it's complicated as **** and my ears can't tell if JUST the bass got lower in the stock speakers or not and there are LITERLY like 4 setting per speaker plus like 5 other things i can do. The previous HU I had was a kenwood before this with the motorized screen and it had a treble bass etc etc in the options this thing is just so bad *** and can do so much i get lost in it.

What is your current goal?

If you set the HPF for the front and rear to 100 hz or 80 hz and put it at -24db you'll have a pretty aggressive crossover on the front interiors, that will keep the bass out, but keep the midbass in.

The equalizer allows you to choose different frequencies where you would define how much of a cut or add you would do to that frequency. The lower the frequencies are, the more it affects bass, this is a decent rule of thumb:

20-80hz = subwoofer territory

80-500 hz = midbass

500-4000 = midrange

4000+ = tweeters.

If you want more highs adjust the frequency of one of the bands to a number greater than 4000 and adjust the gain of it up and down to see where the sweet spot is where you want to boost signal. Also try another band with another frequency above 4000 to see if you can get the results you want with a couple of boosted frequencies.

Other that those steps, take it to a shop if you don't want to deal with it.

20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif

What is your current goal?
If you set the HPF for the front and rear to 100 hz or 80 hz and put it at -24db you'll have a pretty aggressive crossover on the front interiors, that will keep the bass out, but keep the midbass in.

The equalizer allows you to choose different frequencies where you would define how much of a cut or add you would do to that frequency. The lower the frequencies are, the more it affects bass, this is a decent rule of thumb:

20-80hz = subwoofer territory

80-500 hz = midbass

500-4000 = midrange

4000+ = tweeters.

If you want more highs adjust the frequency of one of the bands to a number greater than 4000 and adjust the gain of it up and down to see where the sweet spot is where you want to boost signal. Also try another band with another frequency above 4000 to see if you can get the results you want with a couple of boosted frequencies.

Other that those steps, take it to a shop if you don't want to deal with it.
OK all i want is my treble up higher then stock and my bass to NOT come threw ANY of my 4 stock speakers and ONLY threw my subwoofer.

And i do not understand why i have 4 bands for the front and back speakers? Why do i have 4 instead of 1? Or is it so i can change it to a different setting if i'm listening to other types of music?

And wtf is Q Factor?

So basically i wanna put everything @ 4000 and all db negative as possible?

OK all i want is my treble up higher then stock and my bass to NOT come threw ANY of my 4 stock speakers and ONLY threw my subwoofer.And i do not understand why i have 4 bands for the front and back speakers? Why do i have 4 instead of 1? Or is it so i can change it to a different setting if i'm listening to other types of music?

And wtf is Q Factor?

So basically i wanna put everything @ 4000 and all db negative as possible?
Because you can adjust 4 different frequencies.

Q factor is the width of the curve.

No. You need to raise the DB in the eq at 4000, don't put them all to 4000.

I give up.

Because you can adjust 4 different frequencies.Q factor is the width of the curve.

No. You need to raise the DB in the eq at 4000, don't put them all to 4000.

I give up.
See it's just like a said. The most confusing thing EVER in life and dumb as ****. They should just put the words treble,bass,and mid on the ******* cd player. Looks like i'm gonna have to take it to a shop... I come here for all my CA help and This is the 1st time you guys have let me down... :-(

I was hoping someone would say put the 1 option to 300hz put the other option to 30hz and so on when i made the video but u guys can't do that for me..

p.s. there is no lines going up and down on my cd player it all goes into X's which is retareded.

See it's just like a said. The most confusing thing EVER in life and dumb as ****. They should just put the words treble,bass,and mid on the ******* cd player. Looks like i'm gonna have to take it to a shop... I come here for all my CA help and This is the 1st time you guys have let me down... :-(
I was hoping someone would say put the 1 option to 300hz put the other option to 30hz and so on when i made the video but u guys can't do that for me..

p.s. there is no lines going up and down on my cd player it all goes into X's which is retareded.
He already told you how to set up the bands. Quit being a lil bitch and crying to us because you don't listen and obviously can't read

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.