Kenwood Problems (XM and CD)

Participant count
  • Participant list

tab10
10+ year member

I purchased the XM Direct kit XMD1000 I believe for my Kenwood Excelon X890. I got it all hooked up and working correctly, but there is one little quirk that keeps bugging me.

On the headunit, I have the display set to show Channel name, artist name, followed by song name. Well, it keeps flashing "Waiting", then shows the channel name.. then flashes "Waiting" then the artist name" and then the song name just flashes. It has continued to keep doing this and I cannot figure how to make it stop.

I believe there have been past problems with the display flashing "waiting" so I was wondering if anyone else has run into this.

Also, when I insert a CD into the headunit... most of my CDs do not display CD information on the faceplate.

These are minor annoyances, but they are starting to bug me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

month and a half bump....

The first part of the previous post no longer occurs... The waiting problem just disappeared and the CDs that I had didnt have CDtext written on the disc. Anyways, now that that is solved.... on to my new problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Does the Excelon 890 have a source booster? The XM does not play at the same volume as the CD player. I am sure it is because of the Terk adapater. But I was wondering if some feature like that is available on the x890. If not, is there anything I can do that can match the XM volume to the CD output volume. Thanks

Oh, and I tried looking at the manual. It ***** ass.

edit: If this needs to be in the Head Unit forum, please move. I forgot it was in this section.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.