Kenwood or Sony

JHandle

^ X3 but I would go with the Excelon X589 instead.

It's pretty much loaded and you can get it from Locust Audio(on ebay) for around $160 shipped. Locust Audio also provides their own one-year warranty.

The Excelon line is the way to go if you buy Kenwood. I love the 589! The SQ is excellent(much better than my old x717...which I loved) and Kenwood's decision to FINALLY ditch the stupid and troublesome D-Mask feature was a godsend.

Forget Crutchfield and save yourself $90 for a better HU.

^ X3 but I would go with the Excelon X589 instead.
It's pretty much loaded and you can get it from Locust Audio(on ebay) for around $160 shipped. Locust Audio also provides their own one-year warranty.

The Excelon line is the way to go if you buy Kenwood. I love the 589! The SQ is excellent(much better than my old x717...which I loved) and Kenwood's decision to FINALLY ditch the stupid and troublesome D-Mask feature was a godsend.

thats wat i never understood about the normal and excelon line. there are VERY few differences in features. I like the excelon cuz it looks better

i would say the sony, i just recently bought a CDX-8815X, for 196$ off ebay. it works perfectly, i know a lot of people dislike sony, and i agree with their amps/subs, being bad, but i think the headunits are decent. the CD signal-to-noise ratio is one of the best i have seen at 120db, along with the fm sensistivity at 9dbf. it may lack some features, but for the price you cant go wrong.

I posted the crutchfield website only for the organized specs; but I'll definately check out your recommended ebay store for the excelon. thanks

Sony,but why that one? is there a feature that one has that another doesnt? or is it price?
Doesnt have anything unique, but includes everything i want for my price range.

Because of all the Kenwood recomendations (and since I was already leaning toward Kenwood) thats probably the make I'll get. Now I just have to look up the Excelon X589 and compare.

Thanks

I'd look for an eXcelon unit, too, were it me. (Keep in mind I am a die-hard, loyal Kenwood fan so take that recommendation with a grain of salt) They look pretty good, sound great, and of the several eXcelon HU's I have personally owned they've proven trouble-free thus far with a single exception that was repaired under warranty.

I never had any issues with the D-Mask, myself. The D-Mask+, however (the motorized version of the revolving faceplate) had continual problems with the ribbon cables. I have a KRC-608 cassette deck sitting in a closet that has a non-motorized D-Mask face and it works perfectly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.