Kenwood Excelon KDC-X679 or Pioneer DEH-P7600MP?

I'd go with the Pioneer, mainly because they are the best sounding of the two brands, atleast from my experience, and I've heard a ton of both.

grr - just got offered a Sony me-x5d1 for $300... Should I jump that instead? I'd have to go and buy all the stuff for it since I was going to buy crutch.

The Kenwood is a no-brainer. The affore-mentioned Burr Brown 24 bit DAC ALONE should make that a no brainer. It's also much better-looking in my oh-so-humble opinion. In the last year, I've owned 2 or 3 Pioneers, and 2 or 3 Kenwoods (different cars, and I'm in retail and deal with both daily). The Kenwood is hands down better. Also, look into Pioneer's RAPIDLY declining customer satisfaction numbers and their rapidly rising return and defective rates.

I myself own a Kenwood KDC-X679 having changed over from the Kenwood 825. I really really like the 679. I do not have direct experience with Pioneer head units because I've always stayed away from them. Roomates that I've had in the past have had back luck with them and all the home audio electronics that I've had that were pioneer have failed.

I really like my 679, it has the high voltage preouts and 3 sets of them, one which is non-fading and specifically for a sub. The 679 has some cool display options too if you use satellite radio. You can divide the display area into regions and setup the unit to display different things in each region. I have mine showing me the band name on top and song name at the bottom on sat radio. On my previous head unit I had to pick between the 2. Can't go wrong with the 679 IMO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.