Kenwood DNX573S plus Carplay equal static.

Participant count
  • Participant list

longbedbob

USA
Hey, folks.

After getting some ground and power issues sorted, I'm finally able to play with the Kenwood in my F150.

However, I still have lots of static when I plug in my iPhone and Apple CarPlay loads.

For troubleshooting's sake, I've got the phone plugged directly into the head unit's USB cable. However, the sound is still present when I connect the cable to the extension coming from the Ford USB jack.

I've alternated from Apple branded Lightening cables to generic ones without any noticeable difference.

I've updated the firmware in the head unit to the latest version, released in July.

Anyway, here's what I get with various inputs:

Either my or my wife's iPhone - static.

iPod classic (also via USB, but the older, pre Lightning cable) - no static

CD- no static

HD radio- no static

Stand alone USB thumbdrive - no static.

Bluetooth audio from iPhone- no static, but typical Bluetooth attenuation.

The same phone works fine with Apple Carplay in my wife's Subaru.

Rebooting the phone has no effect.

I suspect this is a software issue that Kenwood needs to address, but wanted to know if any of you folks had encountered anything similar and found a fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem was traced to a loose terminal lug at the interior fuse panel.

It has probably been finger tight since the day it rolled off the assembly line.

I still have static, though, which may be related to amp grounds. Given that the factory wiring is finally the way it was designed to be, I probably only have to relocate those grounds to the proper posts instead of whatever worked best with the previous arrangement.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.