Kenwood DMX47S sound is low when volume is high

Participant count
  • Participants list
If there is no amplifier, then check the Source Volume if it has that feature. If it has the feature to turn off internal amplifier, then make sure it is on.
If there is an amplifier, check the fader, x-over output, source volume.

It was doing this before the amp.and now I have amp for my interior speakers and it's the same way only difference is the rear is a lot louder at the same volume . All that has been check what u said. The xover are set at default

Last edited:
It was doing this before the amp.and now I have amp for my interior speakers and it's the same way only difference is the rear is a lot louder at the same volume
A quick test to exculpate the front speakers is to connect them to the rear channel outputs of the amp, and connect the rear speakers to the front channels. I am assuming you have 4 RCAs going to the amp.

(if they aren't what next and if they are what's the next step)
If there is no change, then the issue lies between the wire and the speakers.
If there is a change, we check the amp's Gain setting. If that is ok, then the RCAs (at the amp) will be swapped Front to Rears to see if they are the issue.

Last edited:
? do you still have the internal amplifier on? If so turn it off. And did you run new speaker wires to the speakers or are you using something like Stinger 9 Wire Wire to the harness going to the OEM harness?

Yes it has a internal amplifier per Kenwood. Check your audio settings and setup to see if there is an option to turn it off. If you have the speaker wires going from the radio to that harness in conjunction with the 9 wire then you need to disconnect those kenwood speaker wires and turn off the internal amplifier if it allows you to.

Also check the gain settings inside the eq and what not. Those are all adjustable as well per the manual.

Yes it has a internal amplifier per Kenwood. Check your audio settings and setup to see if there is an option to turn it off. If you have the speaker wires going from the radio to that harness in conjunction with the 9 wire then you need to disconnect those kenwood speaker wires and turn off the internal amplifier if it allows you to.

Also check the gain settings inside the eq and what not. Those are all adjustable as well per the manual.
I have searched everywhere and see nothing about turning off a internal amplifier

Some don't have that option. But it does have an internal amplifier otherwise it wouldn't put out the 21x4 it claims to.

Check the eq settings then and speaker/subwoofer levels and what not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...