kenwood ddx814 questions?????????

Participant count
  • Participant list

937DYTBOI
5,000+ posts

TL>you
Dayton,Ohio
ive got a kenwood ddx814 and was trying to do video playback from my usb. it worked the first day i tried it then after that it seemed not to work. i contacted kenwood about the situation and they said it doesnt support video playback from the usb on through ipod. i thought to myself why not, thats retarded. why would it work that one day then eventually quit working. didnt make sense to me.

i was wondering if anyone has been able to do a work around on the kenwoods to make it playback movies via usb. im not trying to go out an buy a video ipod jus to play movies in my car or dvd.

Ok to anybody that does care....

As i said before i contacted Kenwood about the video playback via USB. The first email stated that the DDX814 doesnt support video playback via USB.

So a few hours later i recieve this from another Kenwood tech

Thank you for contacting Kenwood USA Corporation. As an authorized agent for Kenwood, we are responding to your recent email inquiry.

We apologize for the incorrect information sent to you by the previous agent (he mistakenly thought this was about another unit). For our 2009 units, only the DDX814 and the DNX9140 will support video playback from the USB port.

Check the movies that you are trying to play to see that they are one of the supported video formats (MPEG1, MPEG2 or DivX).

If they are in a supported format, we would suggest that you reset the unit's microprocessor, by pressing it's reset button. The location of the reset button is detailed on page 6 of the manual. If you have misplaced your copy, it is available for download from:

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/UserFiles/File/UnitedStates/Consumer/Manuals/dnx9140.pdf

Please feel free to contact us again with any additional questions.

James S.

Product Support Representative

Kenwood USA Authorized Call Center

PO Box 22745

Long Beach, CA 90801-5745

Phone: 1-800-536-9663 x 1918

Fax: 1-559-324-4594

Email: http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Contact

So the Kenwood 2009 Double Din screens do support USB playback supposibly. I will find out as soon as i get these movies converted

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.