Kenwood ddx7017 Demo Mode?

Participant count
  • Participant list

yungunna
10+ year member

Hello, I have the ddx7017 double din kenwood unit. Every time I try to eject a cd or dvd it says cannot eject while in demostration mode. Any one know how to take this feature off? I tried searching on here and couldnt find anything on it. I also tried searching the manual. Please help. Thanks

I don't know if this would be applicable to your unit but here's how to defeat the demonstration mode on the XXV-01D Annivrsary edition HU....maybe hte method for yours is similar enough for this to help some....

In Standby mode press and hold the 'Menu' button for at least a second (or until a multiple option menu mode appears)

Once within that menu scroll over the the 'Demo Mode' adjustment.

Using whatever control on that head unit that toggles menu choices toggle 'Demo Mode: Off'

Like I said ~ this is how it is done on a completely different unit but still a Kenwood eXcelon so possibly the methods are similar.

Hope it helped!

Actually I searched google when the problem first happend, that was my second option I did after I couldnt find it in the manual. When I searched google it only gave me options to do for other kenwood units which do not work with this one.

call kenwood? I have a kenwood HU and it was in the manual, even came with a sticker on the HU telling me that I need to take it out of demo mode before I started to play with it and the instructions were on that as well. If you dont have any of that material on hand, cant hurt to call Kenwood, Im sure they would know what to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.