keep blowin fuses

Participant count
  • Participant list

Skeeter51
10+ year member

CANTON
I just hooked up some inifnity subs and a kenwood 1100 watt amp in one of my buddies cars, and he keeps blowin fuses in the power wire. We are running a 4 gauge wiring kit, and it had an 80 amp fuse. with the 80 amp fuse the stuff worked good for about a half hour, then we could only find 60 amp fuses at murrays. everytime we even try putting one of those in it just sparks and blows. Is this blowing just because of the fuse being to small? should I try a 100amp?

they blow when i am installing them. I had a guy tell me that it was a bad ground, but i checked that out and it looked fine to me. When we installed everything it worked good for about a half hour before it blew the fuse. but what should i look for to find the short?

The power wire is touching the frame or somehow shorting out somewhere. look for a bare spot or crack in the power wire...easier said than done when you have the wire all hidden I would suggest pulling the wire totally out of the car and inspecting the whole thing because you might have more than one short somewhere...sounds like a pain in the ass but think what would happen if that fuse didn't pop...that wire would get mad hot and melt and start a fire...that would ****.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.