Keep 1997 Ford Expedition stock speakers or upgrade?

Participant count
  • Participant list

dennismv

Michigan
I have 2 JL Audio 10W3v3-4 10" in a box, and two amplifiers (JX360/4 and JX1000/1D).

I am about to go have the sub installed and intend to leave my '1997 ford expedition premium sound package' as is, but use the new amp to drive them.

Aside from the above, I'm guessing it will cost me $200-400 to put in all new speakers with all the extra labor + speaker costs. Vendor shops suggested I use Fosgate or Alpine and suggested to use round speakers (instead of i.e. 6x8) and to separate the tweeters from full-range, and put tweeters into the locations closer to the dash (top on the door frame).

Question: Is it worth the money to go with all-new speakers (also possibly separating out tweeters from full-range), when compared to leaving stock?

I suspect as most things it will be relative to what it is that I want. If I want best possible experience I'd probably not be asking this and getting a new speaker package already. But I am already spending tons of money on subs, amps, labor fees, head units. So what I may be really asking is .. will I get crap sound if I keep stock from 1997?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.