kdc-x817

Participant count
  • Participant list

furiousedge
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I just bought this used car and the the thing has a nice kenwood.....i think its a kdc-x817 and every time i turn the hu on it asks for a code.....i don't know it how can i get this code? is there a generic code or somthing i could do....any insight would be greatly appreciated.....thanks to all:banghead:

sry bro but i am drawing blank.....u install it yourself? how do you know the guy you bought it off of dicnt do somethin screwey. thats why i never buy used or refurbished **** unless i know the person..

Originally posted by klepto sry bro but i am drawing blank.....u install it yourself? how do you know the guy you bought it off of dicnt do somethin screwey. thats why i never buy used or refurbished **** unless i know the person..
no the car came with it and i called the dealership with what is going on and he said the car was repoed i don't know if it somehow became unhooked from the power source but that is what my friend at a car audio shop said......

Originally posted by B&R Innovations There is a reset button

you have to push it in and hold for like 3 sec i believe

and then about 10 min or so later do it again

and then it should turn on

If i remember that series of kenwood corectly
hey man it did not work....is there any other sugggestions?......i hope i don't have to go and buy another hu that would really suk........the thing still asks for a code.....man i wished they would of known about it bc they were pretty much saying it was my fault for not checking the stereo......i don't know what to do....please help me!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.