Kappa 10.1 or Assassin 10"....off 300RMS

ItalynStylion
10+ year member

Audiophile
In my last car I had a Profile 600MSX MONO (300RMS) running a kappa perfect 10.1 Single 4ohmVC(not the VQ) and the sub was in a sealed .6 cube box. This was about 2 years ago and I loved the SQ and the output, it was great.

My question is do you guys think an AA Assassin 10" single 4ohm VC run by a PPI 600.4 running 300RMS in a .82 cube box will sound better than my last setup?

Pic of the old setup...

593615_4_full.jpg

Try getting your Rl-i loud before you think about changing your sub making a lateral movement or even a step back.
Jntar and I are doing that tonight. I would love for it to work out, really I would...

But this thread isn't about that...which do you guys think would be the better setup?

Kappa or Assassin

Interesting, let me know how it works out for you.

I have a similar setup, Infinity Reference 1042W sub, fed by 410W RMS at 2 ohm, from the same amp as you have, the MSX600.

Been wondering what would sound better and also a lil'bit louder, Two Assassin 12's sealed or two 10's ported.

*L* Let me know if you ever think about selling that Profile amp.

One that doesnt leak around the baffle and god knows where else. On top of the fact that Rl-i's T/S parameters lend it to ported enclosures so why he didnt go that direction in the first place I do not know. If you put the Rl-i in an enclosure with a ghetto fix ring and a leaky baffle and the Assasin in a well constructed and designed ported enlcosure the assasin will win hands down.

One that doesnt leak around the baffle and god knows where else. On top of the fact that Rl-i's T/S parameters lend it to ported enclosures so why he didnt go that direction in the first place I do not know. If you put the Rl-i in an enclosure with a ghetto fix ring and a leaky baffle and the Assasin in a well constructed and designed ported enlcosure the assasin will win hands down.
My box doesn't leak, I guarantee it...and that sub runs fine off Jntar's amp, we tried it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.