JVC KW-V640BT and Weblink/Waze help...

Participant count
  • Participant list

MrSmitty94

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
So I just finished installing this double din head unit and it seems to work rather well! However, so far I have not been able to use Waze (which is supposed to be the built in nav). Weblink which runs the waze seems to work, however, when I lauch waze from either the home screen or the Weblink screen, it only launches it on the phone and not on the receiver screen. Any ideas on what might be going on here? Additionally, I have notice that I cannot search in any Weblink apps. The only thing regarding install that I can imagine would have caused this is that I did not connect the parking brake wire, could that be the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Petra,

I have some bad news... Unfortunately JVC decided to stop Waze support on those decks. Essentially, despite being advertised as supporting Waze, it does not. I had to call JVC to find that out. Apperently, the map app should work, but I have not found any use for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.