JVC KD-R950BT Miswiring Error Message

Participant count
  • Participant list

Zzebbeddiahh

I installed my new JVC Head unit last August. It worked very well and I had hooked up four home audio towers with ten speakers total in the back of my 88 Town Car Hearse. They worked fantastic until last January when I hit a large bump while making a turn and the Head Unit gave a MISWIRING CHK WIRING THEN RESET UNIT error message. This message went away after disconnecting the battery and reconnecting. It has given this message multiple times since then, at least three times a week. I found that if I hit decent sized bumps it gives the message or if I keep the radio under a certain volume, it would not give the message for around a week or two, and then after giving the message the new key volume to keep it under was lower - until now where it barely even plays. From the few times I've tested; waiting in the college parking lot or just sitting in the hearse in the driveway, it seems that if I'm not moving the radio is fine. I just changed the fuse and have not tried driving yet to see if that was the problem or if it seems to have been part of the problem.

Is it possible that the internal amp in the head unit got burnt out from being used too much at teenager volumes, or could it be that something got knocked loose inside the head unit when I hit the bump?

Thanks for any input or advice anyone has to offer.

Also I have not checked the wiring but it has all been hidden under trim for the most part so none of it should have moved to the point where the insulation could become damaged and allow the wiring to ground out.

The speakers are all blown. One tower with two speakers is not plugged in because they buzz on the bass, and at least three of the speakers don't make sound, but simply vibrate. I drove for about a half hour with the volume at twice the volume as it has handled for about two months and so the fuse change seems to have improved the problem. While this small test time isn't a guarantee that the problem is resolved, it definitely seems worth leaving for a week and seeing if the head unit acts up again.

Thanks for your input. I will be changing the speakers all out sometime this summer, have some other things that are more important to fix before sound. I will keep information flowing if the head unit acts up again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.