just wondering?

Participant count
  • Participant list

97cavy
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Albany, NY
I have a zapco AG 350 running my perfect 12''s (well only 1 at the moment, waiting for my replacement from infinity) and i was messin around with my set up today, tryin different placement for the sub, and amp controls. To test how i have my settings, i use a test track that goes from 300hz to 10hz to see how it sounds. I had my amp on stereo, and it sounded nice, then i switched it to mono. It sounded ALOT better at certain freq. but, at some other, it didnt sound like it was good at all. I was wondering that if i keep it on mono, is there anyway to damaging the sub at all with the higher freq? Thanks

Don't worry about high frequencies damagiing your subs. It's the ultra low frequencies that will cause damage to a sub in a ported box. Below the tuning frequency of the port the woofer will start to act like it is in free air. Using a subsonic filter can remove these frequecies and improve the efficiency of your subwoofers.

If you are bridging your amp than you should have it set to mono.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.