Just ordered E12A/Avionixx800.2...box too big?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Aurorav8
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Fort Wayne
I just ordered the packaged E12A and Avionixx amp and already had a box built for a different sub. Which I think is going to be too big. It measure 1.7 cu. ft. How much bracing can I throw in it to make it the recommended sealed size from ED's site?

I want to bring it down to 1.2 at the most, so I need to take away about .5 cu. ft.

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Aurorav8 I just ordered the packaged E12A and Avionixx amp and already had a box built for a different sub. Which I think is going to be too big. It measure 1.7 cu. ft. How much bracing can I throw in it to make it the recommended sealed size from ED's site?

I want to bring it down to 1.2 at the most, so I need to take away about .5 cu. ft.

Any suggestions?
im pretty sure 1.7 would be fine. try it out and if it sounds bad brace the hell out of it.

i think you'll be fine. I have a 1.1 cu ft box for my 12a and i wish i would have made it a little bigger for more low end.

Originally posted by xjmadness i think you'll be fine. I have a 1.1 cu ft box for my 12a and i wish i would have made it a little bigger for more low end.
How does that single 12 with that amp sound?

You have the amp bridged, and giving the sub 800~900 watts?

Originally posted by Aurorav8 How does that single 12 with that amp sound?

You have the amp bridged, and giving the sub 800~900 watts?
Yes, my amp is bridged. The sub sounds really good, just not as loud as I would like it to be. But this week i'm going to install some peel n seal in parts of my jeep. That's supposed to help the sub sound louder in-car, which i am shooting for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Aurorav8

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Aurorav8
Fort Wayne
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date