Just bought nice lot of BRAND NEW DD GEAR! !

Participant count
  • Participant list

FML
10+ year member

Extreme Lowwwwwws
Idaho
As the title says, i just stumbled upon a nice come up of brand new, in original boxes Digital Designs equipment. Never used DD before. I got all this for a steal of a deal, so if I can't make it fit my application, it'll all be sold.

What I got:

Two DD 9512i woofers, brand spanking new

Two PAIRS of their DDA-W6.5 6.5 speakers, brand spanking new

Two PAIRS of their DDA-T28 Super Tweeters, brand spanking new

And tossed in a used DD CM 600 amplifier

Im pretty darn stoked.

But looks like the woofers are 4 ohm.

What I need from you DD guys: what kinda POWER do these bad boys want? I know they say 1500 to 6000 watts, but id like some real world input. That will determine if I want to invest in making this gear put out its potential or not.

Also: how big of box (in measurement please, inches, cubes, whatever) will i need for each? ?

Enjoy the pics. Fap if you'd like.

My Z takes every bit of my Banda 7k and its still a 3" coil.

I haven't put power to my 9512h's, otherwise I'd have some more first-hand input.

A friend of mine has a custom 9515g on a Hifonics Brutus 2400.1 and it slams

1.75-2.00 net per for a ported, but you could go up to 2.5 too. 56-64 sqin of port. If you need a custom enclosure, hmu. I'll get those puppies slammin.

1.75-2.00 net per for a ported, but you could go up to 2.5 too. 56-64 sqin of port. If you need a custom enclosure, hmu. I'll get those puppies slammin.

Is that for each? ?

Also, how do y'all go about wiring these? With the direct connect and all. Only thing iv thought of is ring terminals to a post, besides of course a n00b tape job

Is that for each? ?
Also, how do y'all go about wiring these? With the direct connect and all. Only thing iv thought of is ring terminals to a post, besides of course a n00b tape job
My HDDs had direct leads as well, I used Dayton binding posts on the box. Ring terminals crimped on to the leads.

Ok. Thanks guys.

Any word on power handling?

Probably not a good chance they will see anything over 1500 RMS each, but i think im gonna run one of them of at least. Just curious what a minimum RMS should be.

Ok. Thanks guys.
Any word on power handling?

Probably not a good chance they will see anything over 1500 RMS each, but i think im gonna run one of them of at least. Just curious what a minimum RMS should be.
Twist and taping wire is fine. Doesn't look fancy, but there's nothing wrong with it. You're gonna need more power for these to shine, or put them in a big box. Less than 1500 RMS and less than 2.5 cubes will leave you disappointed.

Only 2 cubes each? Seems rather small, no?

Also, if i payed for you to build me.something, how would I get it? Maybe shoot me a PM.

So, y'all think these guys shouldn't get less than 1500 RMS each?

What kind of electrical would I need to move up with for 3k? Also have a 500w 4 channel that will be staying. So 3500 RMS. All i have now is mechman 270 and a stock battery.

Only 2 cubes each? Seems rather small, no?
Also, if i payed for you to build me.something, how would I get it? Maybe shoot me a PM.

So, y'all think these guys shouldn't get less than 1500 RMS each?

What kind of electrical would I need to move up with for 3k? Also have a 500w 4 channel that will be staying. So 3500 RMS. All i have now is mechman 270 and a stock battery.
They need a bigger amp than one rated at 1500 watts rms. They will not see that daily. A 3.5k rated amp would put out the kind of power they need to really get moving in a normal size enclosure.

You'll need a secondary battery and HO alt. If you don't already have the big 3, that is a must.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.