just 'assembled' this.....

zedicus
10+ year member

just put this together, still waiting on a bulk pack of terminal posts to arrive from china. 12" dual 2 ohm 3" coil, fairly snug coil to pole, center hung, no ofset anywhere, 2 spiders (should have just used 1 but o well...) pulp cone, .50 cent (not the wrapper) dustcap. going in a friends camaro, in a crappy prebuilt box. custom *** speaker in a POS box, FML.

should still take 1000w RMS, probably getting hooked to an old school Mmats amp.

View attachment 26540175

just put this together, still waiting on a bulk pack of terminal posts to arrive from china. 12" dual 2 ohm 3" coil, fairly snug coil to pole, center hung, no ofset anywhere, 2 spiders (should have just used 1 but o well...) pulp cone, .50 cent (not the wrapper) dustcap. going in a friends camaro, in a crappy prebuilt box. custom *** speaker in a POS box, FML.
should still take 1000w RMS, probably getting hooked to an old school Mmats amp.

View attachment 26540175
looks good. you able to pull t/s params?

i 'think' i could, but considering the crappy home its going it it would just make more more depressed so i didnt bother doing all the math on it. i did log all the build specs and pole spacing, and its a generic cone so its easy to get cone weight and all that stuff, just in case.

can't see the bottom plate, but looks like a tc9
but it has some extra bolts running through the botom plate and the top plate had a weird *** 5 bolt pattern on it. other then that it did look like something TCish...

actually this one is the 2.5" coil. the 3" coil motor i still have is going on another 12" basket with 10" spiders.

i can get cheap square cones and dirt cheap dustcaps, fairly cheap coils, having a hard time finding baskets with out doing an order of 50 of them.

normally i just do repairs locally, im not trying to sale anything i build on here, theres enough custom guys on here that do amazing work already. props to SPLaudio, etc.

but it has some extra bolts running through the botom plate and the top plate had a weird *** 5 bolt pattern on it. other then that it did look like something TCish...
actually this one is the 2.5" coil. the 3" coil motor i still have is going on another 12" basket with 10" spiders.

i can get cheap square cones and dirt cheap dustcaps, fairly cheap coils, having a hard time finding baskets with out doing an order of 50 of them.

normally i just do repairs locally, im not trying to sale anything i build on here, theres enough custom guys on here that do amazing work already. props to SPLaudio, etc.
you should start an ebay store or something if you're able to do this profitably. baskets are freaking everywhere, too, man. just put up ads for blown subs.

ebay *****, with all the fees they take ive tried to stop using ebay when possible. that leaves me with forums and stuff, and even I am tempted to buy SPLaudio stuff instead of doing the work myself, his prices for the work he does is flat amazing.

it truly saddens me that kids will pay 800$ for a JL sub. im going to make one of those internet pictures with a cute kitten on it and have it say 'every time you overpay for a name brand product .... a kitten dies' or something like that.

ebay *****, with all the fees they take ive tried to stop using ebay when possible. that leaves me with forums and stuff, and even I am tempted to buy SPLaudio stuff instead of doing the work myself, his prices for the work he does is flat amazing.
it truly saddens me that kids will pay 800$ for a JL sub. im going to make one of those internet pictures with a cute kitten on it and have it say 'every time you overpay for a name brand product .... a kitten dies' or something like that.
lol here you go. Homepage | Meme Generator

35249581.jpg

i was going to be specific but if i listed every brand name i dont like there would be pages of text to read, so just image your own least favorite brand there, ie: Dell, Apple, JL, Ford, etc.

35249581.jpg

i was going to be specific but if i listed every brand name i dont like there would be pages of text to read, so just image your own least favorite brand there, ie: Dell, Apple, JL, Ford, etc.
lmao! that's awesome. put it in your sig.

i may take you up on that.

can't do direct leads, my local market considers Sears to be 'high end'

seiously, i build a nice custom tuned box with a JL 10w0 that got a fresh voice coil, and could not get it sold for 50$ locally because it was not a prefab box. i woulda made more money buyin a friggin wal-mart box and putting the 10w0 in it. i kid you not, more than once i had people call and ask about it, ask where the box was made, i would say its custom built for the speaker, they would say 'so its home-made?..i don't want it then'

this is hick-ville mud flaps dressed up to go to Sears country i tell ya...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

zedicus

10+ year member
zedicus
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from