Jug vs eD A vs RE XXX

You need to consider the cone area and the efficiency of the sub as well. One advantage to the 15a is you have a flat cone/piston so you have a little bit more cone area. The Jug is a very beefy sub that was made strictly for SPL and the XXX is a little more oriented toward SPL as well. I've seen them all perform well in the SPL arena. If each are in their ideal enclosure, I think you are going to have very similar results in output. It's a tough decision being they are all excellent drivers, so you really can't go wrong with any of them.

You need to consider the cone area and the efficiency of the sub as well. One advantage to the 15a is you have a flat cone/piston so you have a little bit more cone area. The Jug is a very beefy sub that was made strictly for SPL and the XXX is a little more oriented toward SPL as well. I've seen them all perform well in the SPL arena. If each are in their ideal enclosure, I think you are going to have very similar results in output. It's a tough decision being they are all excellent drivers, so you really can't go wrong with any of them.

1. Juggy

2. XXX (Juggy and XXX can be switched around)

3. Brahma

4. Ed A

I know you didnt have the Brahma in there but it can get louder than an A.

How do you get more cone area out of a flat cone? If the A does have more area it isnt because of a flat cone. It would be a larger diameter. enough to make up for the conic shape of a traditional cone.

wtf is a Juggy or jug . never heard of it before. please post pics if u have any. or direct me to a site that does

and look into the DPs

If anyone knows of any other subs that top those in the thump department, by all means speak up. I just knew those to be, at the very least, up there in the ranks. Like, what about those SI Magnum D2's, I heard those thump with the best of 'em.

If anyone knows of any other subs that top those in the thump department, by all means speak up. I just knew those to be, at the very least, up there in the ranks. Like, what about those SI Magnum D2's, I heard those thump with the best of 'em.
yup!in fact im getting a d2(well jon is)so heeheh i get to play with one!oh dd9915..csx 15...the

1.juggy

2.xxx or brahma...depends on install

3.A

you can go w/ shocker..solox..cmpx2..imdax(eh)stroker..uhmm i dont have my history book so i cant say(i wrote all the subs on the back...i get bored...what can i say... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif )

What about the XXX 18"? I mean, granted it's got a few inches extra, but still. And for any clarification, I gotta have the hardest hitting sub [without costing $5000 and such], if I have to throw 2000watts at it, whatever, and I don't want it to be 100% distortion. The biggest box would be about 6-7 cu.ft. ported. You guys tell me, you're the experts.

What about the XXX 18"? I mean, granted it's got a few inches extra, but still. And for any clarification, I gotta have the hardest hitting sub [without costing $5000 and such], if I have to throw 2000watts at it, whatever, and I don't want it to be 100% distortion. The biggest box would be about 6-7 cu.ft. ported. You guys tell me, you're the experts.
haha the exactly the system i just designed for me friend.18"XXX auduobahn hct1500(eh...) 7^3..34hz or so

The H2s are definately tight...and are pretty musical too. THe juggs im sellin were loud as hell, but the sq on them wasnt all that...IF its pure spl you want though, start focusing on more power than 1200 watts..that will help more than the sub your going with

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

l0ckjaw

10+ year member
l0ckjaw
NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from