JLW7 vs DD 3500d

DDs no question. The W7 is grossly outdated. From most of what I've read, the W6s are better subs than the W7s anyway. DD makes some of the best products out there IMO. JL is not bad stuff, but you can get more for the money.

DDs no question. The W7 is grossly outdated. From most of what I've read, the W6s are better subs than the W7s anyway. DD makes some of the best products out there IMO. JL is not bad stuff, but you can get more for the money.
the W6v2 is one of the best subs out there IMO. and it is definitly the best sub JL has.

DDs no question. The W7 is grossly outdated.

LMAO.......the W7 has more technology in the surround than that DD has in its whole assembly.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

The name of this forum should be JL audio *****. Oh yeah and its over priced also.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Here's my take on the W7

its a very capable woofer, however....

1. people with enough knowledge to be sucessful with them, shy away because of the price, and they also know about other brands out there that perform as well.

2. the majority of people who do buy them, either have them installed in lackluster box designs, by shops that focus on looks over performance.. or dump them into a prefab box themselves

3. JL offers very little in the ways of competitor support, by recones, or discounts, which further shys capable consumers / competitors..

4. Subjectively speaking.. the W6v2 absolutely walks all over it... no comparison in how much better it sounds overall..

in the rare occurances in which W7's are installed in a capable way, in a good design, they will turn good numbers.. I have a buddy in NC I designed a box for, that runs 2 W7 12s and 2 Orion concept 97.3's.. his record has stood for going on 5 years now in his class.. with nobody close to him..

Loyd L.

All I know is that the W7 is more technically advanced than DDs period. DDs are more like the typical main stream sub BY FAR than the W7. It not even close....so cut the BS. I dont care how long the W7 has been around.

how far advanced can a simple modulating transducer be? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

alternating electrical field moving through a permanent magnetic gap.. not a whole lot you can do to advance on that.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Loyd L.

DD woofers mock up worse than most drivers.. but there is no doubting their capability in the output department..
subjectively... they are a bit limited in how good they can sound at high output levels.. their forte, if you can call it that.. is rock music, with quick, separate beats. Even then, they have a tendency to be overbeing..

you go and try to run demanding multi-frequency sustained notes through them.. they do a good job of mushing it together into a single undistinguishable line..

optimum enclosure for a DD, would be a moderately volumed ported enclosure, tuned extremely low, to mellow out the exaggerated peak above tuning... but then you're shooting yourself in the foot over the main reason to run DD woofers..

so pick your poison and go..

personally to me, the dub sebbin doesn't sound very good either.. so I'd go the DD route...

the truth about the car audio industry... is most people don't care about distortion v/s ouptut.... the wang always wins..

Loyd L.
I dont know if I am the first to say it but,TARD!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.