JLW7 vs DD 3500d

I think of all the DD subs the 9100 would be a better comparison as well as the Si mag,But between the 3500 and W7 I would...well I am not sure what I would take,but I am sure the DD is a better sub

I think of all the DD subs the 9100 would be a better comparison as well as the Si mag,But between the 3500 and W7 I would...well I am not sure what I would take,but I am sure the DD is a better sub
i personally think the 3500 is a better sounding woofer than the w7. it has more upper bass and cleaner low bass, but thats my style, not everyones. when it comes to how loud you want to get, thats all install/power dependant.

3500' are pretty good subs.. Once you hear 9500's or above you wouldn't settle for less though, so if you can swing it, and have power on tap, go for the big boys.

Sponsored by a Radio Station huh? Most of them ****, so they would def need to give me 100% free **** to put anything on my ride.

i personally think the 3500 is a better sounding woofer than the w7. it has more upper bass and cleaner low bass, but thats my style, not everyones. when it comes to how loud you want to get, thats all install/power dependant.
If by cleaner you mean with vastly greater distortion, you are correct.

I would love to hear a rationally based reason for why the 3500 is a "better" sub. Higher distortion? Certainly. Less linear output? Without question. Inferior motor and suspension design? Definitely.

The 3500 sounds decent enough in the proper application. I think they sound pretty good IB, but most of the people that buy them are witless retards that throw them in a high tuned ported box which they sound absolutely awful in.

If you think a woofer sounds good in a high tuned (i.e over 35Hz) ported box, you probably don't know what accurate sound is anyway.

If by cleaner you mean with vastly greater distortion, you are correct.

we all know who has and has not heard them now. have you ever seen a DD, and not the boobs, cause we all know you cant get any, but seriously, can you honestly say that you have heard enough of the DD's to make that statement?

I would love to hear a rationally based reason for why the 3500 is a "better" sub. Higher distortion? Certainly. Less linear output? Without question. Inferior motor and suspension design? Definitely.
The 3500 sounds decent enough in the proper application. I think they sound pretty good IB, but most of the people that buy them are witless retards that throw them in a high tuned ported box which they sound absolutely awful in.

If you think a woofer sounds good in a high tuned (i.e over 35Hz) ported box, you probably don't know what accurate sound is anyway.
you do realize that we are talking about a digital designs product, right??

DD woofers mock up worse than most drivers.. but there is no doubting their capability in the output department..

subjectively... they are a bit limited in how good they can sound at high output levels.. their forte, if you can call it that.. is rock music, with quick, separate beats. Even then, they have a tendency to be overbeing..

you go and try to run demanding multi-frequency sustained notes through them.. they do a good job of mushing it together into a single undistinguishable line..

optimum enclosure for a DD, would be a moderately volumed ported enclosure, tuned extremely low, to mellow out the exaggerated peak above tuning... but then you're shooting yourself in the foot over the main reason to run DD woofers..

so pick your poison and go..

personally to me, the dub sebbin doesn't sound very good either.. so I'd go the DD route...

the truth about the car audio industry... is most people don't care about distortion v/s ouptut.... the wang always wins..

Loyd L.

then you have the W7 that likes to mush all bass notes into one single muddy low low frequency fart and it likes to hide all those note shifts. or you could throw it in a sealed box, try to get a tiny bit more sound quality out of it and not get loud at all. take your pick or go with a w6v2 if you want to sound good. but if you want to get loud and sound decent, you have to pick something and come play with the big boys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.