Jl zr65's vs ID xs65's review

I agree. Most ID mids can take and love lots of power, but 100rms to a tweet is CRUCIAL! haha I think HU power is suffice most of the time. I cant even imagine 100 watts going to a tweeter. Maybe horns but even then, goodness gracious.
like i said. just on tap lol. I agree 100 watts to a tweeter is hella overkill. I just like headroom. I have my gains set very conservatively

Howdy, I'm new and have liked this thread. I am also looking for new front speakers. My current set up:

2002 lincoln Town Car

Need head unit (thinking of this AVH-P4200DVD because I have kids and movies will be nice on long car rides)

ADS 315i's currently in front sound deadened doors

Need another set of Comps (most likely ID xs65's to put in front doors and put ADS in rear lid)

Need Sub (thinking of a 10" that I can put in band pass box in rear trunk ledge under lid. Port to fire up into cabin)

Amps:

JL audio 450/4

JL audio 500/1

I'm looking for any suggestions. I really want a good sounding system. I love the way the ADS 315i's sound but I'm worried they can't take 150 watts rms which is why I'm thinking of putting them in the back lid with 75 watts rms instead. I also have an ADS PQ20 I could run but am worried about room in my trunk.

So they sound as good as their $1000 price tag? I have a budget I was trying to stick to but I could save another few months. I also need a deck, I had an eclipse 8454 until some punk stole it. Do you think the AVH-P4200DVD will provide decent SQ or do you have a better suggestion? I could forgo the DVD/TV if you think it hurts the SQ a lot. My kids have IPods they can watch movies on instead. I am also looking for 1 good 10" sub for SQ so if you have any suggetions I'd be really happy. Thanks again for your help.

Tried many sets before (Polk SR, JL ZR, JL XR, Hertz Hsk, Pioneer PRS) KRX2 is the best of all, shop around i paid $690+tax.

For sub? get Hertz HX300 or if you have the money go with Hertz ML3000 they are very NICE, i have mine ML3000 in a seal box with 1000rms Arc Amp.

Don't forget a EQ or a processor.

So they sound as good as their $1000 price tag? I have a budget I was trying to stick to but I could save another few months. I also need a deck, I had an eclipse 8454 until some punk stole it. Do you think the AVH-P4200DVD will provide decent SQ or do you have a better suggestion? I could forgo the DVD/TV if you think it hurts the SQ a lot. My kids have IPods they can watch movies on instead. I am also looking for 1 good 10" sub for SQ so if you have any suggetions I'd be really happy. Thanks again for your help.
I have the 4200dvd. where tuning is concerned i think it could be better. I had a single din eclips 8445 and i have yet to find a deck/multimedia system that can top its sound quality and tuning ability.

I'm having trouble finding the Hertz HX300 for sale. Do you know where I can buy them from? Regarding the KRX2's I'll keep looking and buy when I see them at the price you indicated.

CAM5860, thank you for the comment but I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referreing to keeping the gain set low on the amp or making sure the speakers are over rated beyond what th amp puts out?

Thanks again for the help!

well sadly enough when i first got the xs set, i unscrewed the REMOVABLE grill from the front of the tweet to try to find a place to mount it and while doing this i heard a scratch/clam/rip. so i looked down and the silk dome was beyond torn, it was a factory fault where the glue from the silk dome had dried onto the grill causing it to rip the silk to sheds, so ID sent me a new one without hesitation and all was good, and a few days ago i started hearing some bad vibration coming from the driver side mid, took it out to examine it and the speaker is offset somehow? like the cone is not centered and the metal inside it is rubbing causing a nasty distortion vibrating noise, it still works fine just isnt right, called ID again and they want me to send it to them for repair, not looking forward to being 2 weeks without driver side sound //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I just ordered a pair of ZR tweets to match up with my RE XXX neo mids. I hope they arent too harsh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif I need them to keep up with 2 15"s though...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.