Jl W7

Uhhhh yeah. Depending on the install granted. But the 12" has more output potential than the 10".
Uhhhhh, No.

Not in any way does cone diameter by itself dictate how loud a driver will be.

Cone diameter more directly relates to overall frequency response.

A drivers efficiency rating is a better starting point to help determine it's potential "loudness."

The enclosure type, supplied power, crossover/EQ, and included tuning are what leads to the end result.

Above all, the install.

Uhhhhh, No.

A drivers efficiency rating is a better starting point to help determine it's potential "loudness."

The enclosure type, supplied power, crossover/EQ, and included tuning are what leads to the end result.

Above all, the install.
Not really

The LMT's from TC dont have a very high effeciency but they get nasty loud.

Uhhhhh, No.

Above all, the install.
Yes, it does, last time I checked. Basic phyics. 2x the cone area=2x as much surface area to move air=2xdisplacement=3dbs. Sure a larger sub wont' always be louder, but all other things equal, it is. If not there'd be no reason for subs to have a high amount of excursion. After all if excursion won't increase output, why not just let the sub move 1mm?

Uhhhhh, No.

Above all, the install.
We are not talking about subs in general. We are talking about two specific subs that we know the specs on. He said the 12w7 has more POTENTIAL to be louder than the 10w7. Which in this case is 100% correct. Look at the key word....POTENTIAL, 12w7 has a higher Efficiency, more Linear Excursion, Larger cone area, and more power handling. I think thats enough facts to conclude the 12 can get louder than the 10

We are not talking about subs in general. We are talking about two specific subs that we know the specs on. He said the 12w7 has more POTENTIAL to be louder than the 10w7. Which in this case is 100% correct. Look at the key word....POTENTIAL, 12w7 has a higher Efficiency, more Linear Excursion, Larger cone area, and more power handling. I think thats enough facts to conclude the 12 can get louder than the 10
Cool

Now I don't have to type it:thumbsup:

But do you think it would be a huge difference in sound in a sedan for with a ported enclosure? The 12W7 would be going off of a JL 1000/1 and the 10W7 would be going off a 500/1 (basically a 600$ difference for the 12 over the 10) Is it worth it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

srmfball

10+ year member
srmfball
Chicago
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from