Jl W7

hrm..I personally like the W7 a lot, but my favorite sub so far would be the Seas Lotus. Sounds better than my idmax and a bunch of other highly regarded sq sub that I have owned over the years //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I also have a H.O. Box with a 10w7. and i love it. and yes i nut in my pants over it. (pre mature guy ya know) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i think its great. the box has all to do with it, and i find JL has designed the HO boxes to be pretty darn great man.

I absolutely LOVE my Dls Iridium 10. It has tons of output at 250wrms, and can handle way more than I have on tap. It is easily the most musical sub I have ever heard- rich detailed bass. On some jazz songs you can hear the resonance of the upright bass. It is so smooth, I have a hard time telling where my sub stops and my mids pick up. I don't know what a w7 costs, but Iridiums are $400 each retail, and I would bet they are better than a w7 for sq, don't know about spl, but my 10 is louder than 2 Kicker Solobaric 8's were with the same power (old school round ones) check the Dls line @ http://www.dlsamerica.com/ The UR subs (in the Ultimate line) Are awesome too, and use basically the same motor and spider as the Iridium, but have a larger surround and a magnesium cone. Very nice sub too. Dls stuff is awesome. Okay, I'm done gushing...I need some "me" time.....

I'm sure you've tested both on a meter with the recommended boxes and power to make that comment?
i have //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

magnum will be louder. when i was competing the closest a W7 ever came to my score was 3.xxDb, one install i competed against was 7Db down from mine.

W7's can get loud, but others can get louder.

if thats the case, its kind of one of those "if you have to ask" cases...

meaning, if you have to ask if there is better, then there is probably a 98% chance you wouldnt be able to tell a significant difference between it and an equal or better woofer. your wallet will be able to tell big time, but your ears, probably not.

i have //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
magnum will be louder. when i was competing the closest a W7 ever came to my score was 3.xxDb, one install i competed against was 7Db down from mine.

W7's can get loud, but others can get louder.

they did not make the W7 to be loud.

i had the 12W7 for about a year in my car, best sound quality sub ive ever had. hit every single line. however, i did blow the W7 three times, so i just gave up on JL and said never again.

if you havea lot of power to spare and have enough room for about 4 cu ft of box, i would say the treo ssx. it is simply a monster. the loudest sub i have dealt with, and in a correctly built ported box they sound amazing. sound quality is very impressive, especially when dealing with something that was built for spl.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

headshok2002

10+ year member
headshok2002
Ontario, Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from