JL W6v3 10" in a sealed made for W3V3

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
I have a 2004 sequoia with 12" w6v3 ported to spec, sounds great but need to sacrifice car audio for space so I ordered the stealth JL W3V3 10" for my vehicle.
The stealth comes with a 10" w3v3 and the cut out hole is 9" just like the 10" w6v3 so a 10" w6v3 will fit in the stealth box. The w6v3 is 1" longer than the w3v3 but so is the recommended sealed box for the w3v3 vs the sealed for the w6 so my stealth is literally 1" longer and will accommodate my w6. Then there's internal area. The W6 is recommended .55 c/ft. for a 10" sealed and the w3 is recommended .620 c/ft. for sealed which is about 12% over the w6v3 recommended spec. Bottom line, this stealth appears to be able to accommodate my w6v3 very well. Does anyone else see what I see?

[
1664888884850.gif

Are you referring to the enclosure size, if so, seems that box would work well with the w6 as long as depth works out.

I feel the same way. I do wonder if the build of the stealth can handle the additional 200 w rms of power of the w6v3 since it will apply more forces, stress to the glues and whatever is used to hold the enclosure together. . It should be strong enough, I hope.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...