JL w6v2 compaired to Hertz HX250

Participant count
  • Participant list

-BC-

NJ
I did a search and found some info on Hertz but i was wondering if anyone has heard both of these subs and can give me some input.

I heard 2 Hertz HX300D's (sealed) in a local shop and they sounded pretty good (based on the fact that it was in the showroom and not a car). I was hoping to hear 2 10s but all they had on display were 12s. I also went in there looking to hear some w6v2s but they didnt have any on display. I was kind of thrown off when i heard the Hertz because it sounded real clean and deep...i never heard a Hertz sub before and was impressed. But i want to know how it would stand up against the w6v2. I heard 2 10w3v3s and i wasnt too impressed.

I am looking for some clean (SQ) but yet hard hitting bass. I listen to everything from rock to hip hop to jungle/ drumb n bass. Maybe i should throw out the idea of getting 10s and just get 12s?? I have always had 2 12s in the past and wanted to change it up to some 10s....but maybe not.

How do the 10 or 12 w6v2 compair to the Hertz HX250 or 300D?

Going in a sedan and being powered by an old Rockford Power 1000.1bd

Also, i have basiclly narrowed it down to these 2 subs...i am getting a good price from a friend at his shop so please no JL or Hertz bashing. He told me to try the Hertz 12s and said i will love them. He also said they will hit as crisp and clean as 10s and be able to give me that deep chest pounding thump when I want it...he said the w6v2 would do the same too...so its kind of a toss up.

Thanks in advance!

I agree they are expensive and if i wasnt getting a good price on them i may look at a lot more options but im sure i will like either choice since i am not looking for anything super crazy. I was just wondering if anyone has heard both.

Main thing i am looking for is if the 12s will sound just as clean or real close to the 10s...as far as quick, clean, crisp hits.

Many threads are dedicated to disproving surface area of a sub and its effect on sq.

I have heard both. And frankly i like them both. A lot a lot a lot of it will come down to the enclosure and install. Hell, either one could sound AWFUL if done poorly.

I go with the Hertz on this just based off my own listening experiences. And as well as JL equipment has treated me, I like being less common.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.