jl w6 vs kicker l7

Manufacturer A rates a woofer at what it can handle.

Manufacturer B rates a woofer at less than it can handle.

Why is one better than the other?

Your activity in this thread tells me you have just as much time as I do...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Now that is a freaky smiley lol. They do rated but, don't handle extra power very well. If a subwoofer can't take abuse (slamming on more than rated) in my books they rated it wrong. We can go on and on about this but, I don't really have time.

I'm quite sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong but OP asked an easy question. Which has more bump (spl) at same wattage? 12w6 vs 15L7. Isn't the 15L7 equivalent in surface area to an 18" round therefore the obvious winner in the OP's question because of the tremendous surface area advantage.

We can argue a bunch of different things here but as said before answer the question. He didn't ask about sq (and for the record I hold the w6 as my second favorite sub. Second to the ssa icon).

OP asked which would "sound and hit better"... its is a bit vague though, I agree.

And yes, square 15" woofer - waaaay more surface area than round 12" woofer, (approximately twice) and yes, fairly close to a round 18" woofer.

I'm quite sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong but OP asked an easy question. Which has more bump (spl) at same wattage? 12w6 vs 15L7. Isn't the 15L7 equivalent in surface area to an 18" round therefore the obvious winner in the OP's question because of the tremendous surface area advantage.
We can argue a bunch of different things here but as said before answer the question. He didn't ask about sq (and for the record I hold the w6 as my second favorite sub. Second to the ssa icon).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.