jl w6 vs kicker l7

This is what the mainstream market does to people. Makes them not understand simple things. Clearly one is a sq woofer while the other made for spl and does a poor job at it.

Sooo you can get 6x the power of a JL w7 for the same price...
3 American Bass XFL at 2k rms $200 each shipped
RMS rating doesn't determine how well a driver is going to perform.

Some people don't have the space for 3 AB XFL's (or 3 woofers in general) and would rather run 1 woofer.

With that being said, woofer for woofer I'd take the XFL.

RMS rating doesn't determine how well a driver is going to perform.
Some people don't have the space for 3 AB XFL's (or 3 woofers in general) and would rather run 1 woofer.

With that being said, woofer for woofer I'd take the XFL.
I wasn't mentioning a healthy alternative, I was just pointing out of overpriced it is.

Good choice!

Most of the subs mentioned here are not subs that belong in the same category as the w7. The w7 was never intended to be all out SPL subs. Are they expensive? Yes, but doesn't necessarily mean they are overpriced

Guess im a hipster...

I had L7s a long time ago... HAD...

Then I moved on to AQ,Sundown, and Obsidian.

I would never go back to an L7.

OP read up on here and learn a lot. Lots of good info. Good luck.

This is what the mainstream market does to people. Makes them not understand simple things. Clearly one is a sq woofer while the other made for spl and does a poor job at it.
I've built and heard some respectably loud L7 set ups: 2 in a sploder doing a 49.7 sealed up off a MA audio amp. 6 in a blazer upfiring box doing a 55+. Have also seen a few L5 set ups doing 150+.

Not the loudest out there but I wouldn't say they do a poor job if box is built right.

The w6 will sound better the kicker will be louder Round speaker will aways sound truer to natural over the square speaker. Even Kicer uses the cvx in the SQ setups.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.