Jl w3v3 8" voice coil fragged

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ronsmash79

CarAudio.com Newbie
One of my jl audio w3 v3 8" subs has an unspooled mess of a voice coil. Can't find parts for it or YouTube video for my model. Anyone know what to do? No dust cap so no access without ungluing everything and nothing else is messed up. Cone surround and spider are great.

Very expensive to recone a jl
Thanks. Looks like nobody including jl will sell parts 115 bucks to repair plus shipping a sub is not cheap. Guess it's better to buy one. This was so much easier when they all had dust caps that allowed you to access the VC without destroying everything. Probably why they don't have them anymore.

Dave leib or Corey dean can probably build you a drop in.
That sounds great can you tell me how to get in touch w these folks? I love to build instead of buy and would love to be able to get parts this thing looks like it's not made to be worked on. I'm ok with that but not sure I could make a great vc

That sounds great can you tell me how to get in touch w these folks? I love to build instead of buy and would love to be able to get parts this thing looks like it's not made to be worked on. I'm ok with that but not sure I could make a great vc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.