JL W0 weak *** speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i got a multi meter but how would i use that to set the amp?
Take your final impedance (since it's a w0 it's most likely a SVC 4 ohm) and multiply it by how much power you wanna push, then take the square root of that. So, for example, 200w * 4 = 800. Square root of 800 is 28.28. That's going to be the AC voltage you will aim for on the amp's output. Before setting your gain, turn down any bass boosts on your headunit and your amp all the way to 0. Next, set your volume to your maximum listening level. Don't turn the headunit all the way up as this usually causes clipping. I.e. if the headunit's max is 35 set it to 30 or 28. Turn your gain all the way down, and play a 50 or 60Hz test tone at -3dB (you can download them...don't remember where lol). Switch your dmm to AC voltage, put the test leads on the speaker outputs on the amp, and turn up the gain slowly until the AC voltage on your dmm matches 28v.

I heard a pair of 10" W0's in a ported box with 500W and It didn't sound bad at all. It's easy to make a sub sound like azz if its in the wrong enclosure.. to much bass boost, or imporperly set gains.

Back in h.s I had 2 12" w0's is a spec sealed box on a fosgate 800.2 and it was a killer(ikr) in my 97 cavalier. Only problem I ever had w/ them is a couple of the leads would snap once and a while. Kept fixing them though..

the w0's are decent. dont expect it to get ridiculously loud or anything though.

But really JL, as a whole, isnt meant to just get stupid loud. They will definitely give you a nice sound if setup correctly though.

I heard (1) 10" W0V2 4 ohm in a slot loaded enclosure being powered by a Kenwood 460 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms. It wasn't good. It had that one note bass boom. We took the same enclosure and put it in my car with a Rockford pushing 300 watts bridged to it and it sounded really good. Can't figure that out. The birth sheet claims my amp is doing 390 watts bridged. The W0 may not be high end, but it wasn't anything to sneeze at... at least not in my car.

I heard (1) 10" W0V2 4 ohm in a slot loaded enclosure being powered by a Kenwood 460 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms. It wasn't good. It had that one note bass boom. We took the same enclosure and put it in my car with a Rockford pushing 300 watts bridged to it and it sounded really good. Can't figure that out. The birth sheet claims my amp is doing 390 watts bridged. The W0 may not be high end, but it wasn't anything to sneeze at... at least not in my car.
......... Jl boner is mad hard huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Gh0zt36

10+ year member
Gh0zt36
Micco , Florida
Start date
Participants