JL W0 weak *** speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gh0zt36
10+ year member

Review of Subwoofer or Speaker:

So i got this JL W0 and i have it hooked up to a A802 directed amp and the amp only pushes 400rms i think and every time i turn up the tunes i can smell voice coil burning off the sub... its sad i thought JL was supposed to be tougher than your average bear. since the jl is so weak can anyone recommend a good sub that will take 400 watts and make a nice sound doing it please? by the way its in a basswerkz ported enclosure

yea, my bet is on the incorrect settings, thus clipping the signal in horrible ways.

Also it is a W0, what did you expect? they are good subs if used correctly though.

well i figured even the lowest jl would still be good and i read the rms max was 300 and the directed which i didnt think would even be putting out true rms wattage would really fry the sub like this @400rms cause i had a couple cvr's that i was overpowering 100 watts a piece and i never had any trouble withem. is the amp any good? A802 directed? and what would you folks recommend for this amp. a pro shop sold this combo i woulda thought they knew what they were doin matchin sub to amp

You missed the point.

Your amp and headunit settings are more then likely the cause of the issues you are currently having.

yea maybe the amp is maxed out but head unit settings are fine sub level is almost flat , bass level on 5 band eq is -6 and -4 respectively and bass boost is on 1 step out of two i should probly turn the amp down a bit?

Its not just about turning the amp down! its about setting it correctly. First thing turn any bass boost off.
really? bass boost is even a bad idea? i turn the level down to bout 60-70% left the bass boost frequency level is in the middle maybe a little less and i turned up the sub level on the headunit and kept the bass boost on 1 on the head unit ...

set the gain with a DDM, turn bass boost off and set HU bass to 0

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Ya bro, user error on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Gh0zt36

10+ year member
Gh0zt36
Micco , Florida
Start date
Participants