JL vs. Kicker?? Please Help

YOU ARE SO **** STUPID. People dont use 13W7's in DB drags becasue of prices, its as simple as that. Any W7's would own L7's given a proper install. You are ingorant, everything you ve have said in this thread is false and makes you look more and more like a dumbass. you are ignoring the figures and statistics that determine the DB's reached by a subwoofer. you know what, if you like kickers so much and think there the best...go with that! Heres a number for you i cant prove, but ill throw it out there. My 13W7 ported with a 1000/1 in my Audi A4 tuned to 35HZ hit 147.8 on a termlab, my friends kicker hit 140.2 with a similar setup in an xterra. Theres your f***in numbers you whining *****. Now shutup and stop bein a ingorant moron

The reason i'm asking a lot of these questions...i can get a deal on a 13W7, so if it can produce the SPL I want, then fine.
Til then...I need more that that.

You are dumber than a rock. A 13W7 will have a ton more output than an L7...

It's not something hard to grasp...

Hey Lude- here's something for you to think about.

We took a 15HC, and 800 watts and beat out 4 15" L7's, with a ton more power....

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

But I thought the L7's could smoke W7's any day of the week?

That's what happened at the COMP....now what?

the air from a sub in an Xterra has to travel a lot farther than in your "audi"...that would explain the 140.2.

What kind of amp was the xterra running?

How about this...let's deal in pure theory, instead of throwing out numbers.

W7 vs. an L7

W7 - big ported box, in a truck, tuned to a half octave below the vehicles resonant frequency, seeing 1000 watts, with the entire vehicle covered in sound deadening.

L7 - small sealed box, in a converitble, seeing 1000 watts, no sound deadening.

The W7 will win. Flip the script, and the L7 will win. It just goes to show that you can't use dB scores as an accurate representation of a products performance. Competitions are made for competitors - any score/trophy is reflective of the installer, not the product.

holy **** Ludepower, each time you post, you lose 10% of your brain, and you only had about 8% to start with. Yeah kickers can take some power, ive seen two take 1200 watts each, but oh wow, just call up that guy who has the two W7s with hella power, and you can build all the subs you want and get all the kickers you can get and he will probably beat you. burps arent ****, socket playing isnt ****, how about you hook up a single 15 L7 and a single 13W7, play them both in identical cars, setups, and run 2k watts to each, throw the gains about 3/4 up, let them both play identical bass cds the whoe way through and see what sounds better, louder, and goes a lot longer without ****in blowin. yes opinions are fine, yes telling experiences is fine, no lying is not fine, and lying about lying is dumb. an L7 can beat a W7 in the right setup with the right amp, but it can go either way. BTW, r u sure u rnt thinkin of W0s or even W6s....just ask someone to demo a W7 for ya, and then u will understand what bass is. oh btw whoever started this thread, a w6 or an ed a 12 with 900-1100 watts will do ya good. i would get the 12a and bd 1100 since u would save lotsa scrill, and it will sound better

WOW, did you hear that guys! He heard one comp. and a JL beat a Kicker. Well how can we aruge against that??? This has to mean that Kickers rule JL's, I mean we have an eye witness account here from socket-boy. Sorry we ever doubted you!

....dumbass

ok, i just want to clarify this, isn't the record set by a volkswagon (rock on!) at 177.7dB, i think it was all "directed audio" i think thats the company's name, clarify me if im wrong, and sorry lude, the w7 may be more expensive, but thats because your paying for good quality

ok, i just want to clarify this, isn't the record set by a volkswagon (rock on!) at 177.7dB, i think it was all "directed audio" i think thats the company's name, clarify me if im wrong, and sorry lude, the w7 may be more expensive, but thats because your paying for good quality

Nope, record is held by Team BS, used 16 12" Treo CSX's and 64 DEI 1100D amps..177.7

And a big reason behind the W7's cost is the custom parts needed for it...

I have this argument at least once a week about the W7 vs the L7. It's pretty fun. Especially when I play my good ol faithful L7 12"s against my friends pair of W7 12"s. He has a 1000/1, I have an 81000d, and i can take him all day, everyday, anytime of the year...
a single L7 12 vs. a pair of 12W7's. either lay off the pipe for a while or tell you friend to turn his stuff up past half way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.