JL vs. Focal vs. CDT

a33bigpapa
10+ year member

I just got a new 2007 sport trac and am looking to put in a new system, I have narrowed my choices down to The JL XR series components, the Focal polyglass components, and the CDT CL components. What do yall think of these component sets, plusses and minuses to all of them and which you would buy for a listening style that includes and lot of country music and rock.

All help is appreciated.

if you go cdt go (at a minimum) the ef 61 cfi. i have owned a pair of the cl 61's and i absolutely hated them. then i bought the cfi's and i loved them. my friend has a pair of the HD's from cdt and they rock too.

if your limiting yourself to like the cl classics, i wouldnt even consider them on par with the jl or the focal.

i do like my BA pro 60's too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4630

Are these the ones your talking about, and I just want to make sure the people who are recommending the Focal's, I am talking about the polyglass, not the K2P's. I know the K2P's are good, they are the best speakers I have ever heard, but I can't afford them, I just want to be clear on that.

Thanks for all the help and keep it coming.

the xr series are rediculous,, My old friend has 2 sets in his jeep and the sound quality is unreal..
I thought the point of good SQ speakers were to make it sound MORE real...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

With the CDT, do yall think it is worth the extra 200 dollars to upgrade to the HD over the EF series? Also, I want to make sure that these will fit in the door of a 2007 sport trac so any help on that will be appreciated as well.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4630
Are these the ones your talking about, and I just want to make sure the people who are recommending the Focal's, I am talking about the polyglass, not the K2P's. I know the K2P's are good, they are the best speakers I have ever heard, but I can't afford them, I just want to be clear on that.

Thanks for all the help and keep it coming.
sort of. those come with the satnet 400 xover...i prefer the 560...by a lot.

also your going to need to make mdf rings to get them to fit in the sport trac doors. or you can buy 5x7(6x8) to 6.5" plates to get them to fit.

the 560 really changes the sound of that set A LOT. i try hard not to even order any 400 series xovers when i place orders. i try to have 560 standard across everything i sell. the 400 really doesn't cut it except with the CL sets. EF and higher need 560's. with 560's, its a pretty darn good set.

I think I'm going to go with the EF 61CFI's or the HD 62, I just need a reason to justify the extra $150. If anyone has an opinion on whether or not it's worth it I would like to know. Also what kind of amp would yall recommend, as I will be running 2 sets, 1 set up front and 1 set in the rear.

Anything that does a solid 150x2 rms will work fine for the task. What's your budget for the amp? Some good ones would be JL 300/2, Alpine PDX-2.150, Kicker SX600.2.

And the extra 150 all goes to refinement. Just a better sound all around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.