JL or JBL

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well the JBL is better priced, delivers more power, and is of good quality. The JL is a little higher priced, less power but gives you the same rating from 1.5-4 ohms (don't quote me), and is good quality. I think JL makes a better quality amp, but I'd go with the JBL.

jbl would give you volume with less features and price and is quality the jl would be strong but not as strong(at 2 - 1 ohms) but blows away the jbl feature wise...........really depends on the subs used because if you are not running @ 2 ohms or under the jl would be better because of its r.i.p.s......confuse you yet? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Go with the 1200.1, it is a great amp and has taken a lot of crap from me. The 500/1 is over priced just because JL is THE household name in car audio. Forget features unless you plan on competing. If you do plan to compete, then the choice becomes a little more difficult...

not really just for comp...just allows for more adjustment. online they ae about 120 more...just depends what he wants...sq or bumpage neither sounds bad but one is more tweekable

As we all know, the 500/1 is under rated, but so is the 1200.1! As you said, the 1200.1 lacks a subsonic filter, but the 500/1 has flaws also. I cant say that I have seen many 500/1s get fried, but I did see one running at just under 2 ohms get fried.

i have seen a jbl 600 and 2 1200 fry as i have seen a di vince fry many pheonix gold amps....ect ect 90 + % reason is user error....doesnt mean its good or bad just means watch it! :p most amps i seen fry were the soundstream 10.0's lol man when they went look out lol

you would be suprised what these guys do to correct prolems while at a show lol i see more what not to do things than i ever seen before and i install at best buy!!!! lol i get ragged on for being slow but i try to do it the right way...also i just got my mecp first try which most where i work at dont get lol..unless the proctor gives em the answers.....lol

I have seen some werd stuff at shows too, but the worst was trying to replace a blown sub with a different brand of sub with a totally different impedence, which promptly proceded with a blown amp!!!

lol what i think is funny is when the manufacturer is there and they do nothing for you when this happens yet they will use your stats in their ad campaign lol next comp you better believe their crap is outa my car..... especially if they had the equipment there at the show

our store would never do a show.....too much "work" ehhh plus noone would know anything..you try to explain they dont listen..if it isnt a sale or a much faster way to install it isnt good although would cut down on returns they complain about...... explaining= happy customer? nuh lolololol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.