JL HO Box

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by actlsub Has anyone ever seen a construction layout for the any of the JL H.O. Boxes???

http://www.jlaudio.com/press/W7_W6v2HO_Intro.html

http://www.jlaudio.com/press/pdfs/W7_W6v2HO_Intro.pdf
no....and they wont send you the specs either....i tried! ...what you could do is this: use those outside demensions to calulate the volume....the slot ports are the entire side, but you would need to meassure the width of it.....knowing that and the contruction material (should be 3/4 mdf.....possible 1" for the w7) and the port size, you can calulate the length of the port and essential you have made your own scimatics.

Yea i remember seing a layout of one a while ago, it might have been at a jl dealer that i went to. I cant remember if it actually gave mesurements tho, but it did have detailed pics. I will take a trip there within the next week. The reason is ive herd those boxes and the output they give for the amount of power needed is amazing...all doing this while keeping a very good SQ. If anyone has this layout page of one of these boxes i remeber seing (i think it might have been in one of their product catalogs) i would appriciate it if u could send it.

Here, ive found some of their layouts. Hope this helps anyone who migh be interested in trying to build one. I have still yet to find any measuresments tho. Pease tell me if you know of a place where i can find them. Do you think these are worth trying to build?? Has anyone ever tried them before??

21149219.jpg

thats not all that helpfull...it means nothing without messurments.....i assumed the guy knew what the generally box looked like....do it the way i said and you will be fine.

Bro thats the exact way that they build it, i got that **** directly from one of there catalogs and just scanned it onto my computer. Im going to go to a dealer this weekend cuz i think he tried building one, not sure tho.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.