JL HD600/4 vs zed leviathan

which one has lower floor noise, sexier, and better sq?

• leviathan

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • JL HD600/4

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

immolation
10+ year member

i hate jl because their super giants and i always pull for the under dog, but.... i dont wanna sacrifice quality and performance just because of my pride. looking to do a an active 3 way. i've heard very mixed opinions on the leviathan. i so want that amp to sound good. the power and eq controls alone for that price is unheard of. really, is the leviathan a high quality amp? i would love to just run that amp and a mono for my subs. if the jl is much better with floor noise... sound quality and power... then i guess i have no choice but run with mainstream

The Leviathan will rape the JL in just about every aspect but size... It is an amazing amp, beautiful, and very efficient. It will give a ton more power, be clearer, and have a much nicer sound. I wish I still had mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

People were having issues with the first ones that came out, but I have heard zero issues with the Leviathan II.

The Leviathan will rape the JL in just about every aspect but size... It is an amazing amp, beautiful, and very efficient. It will give a ton more power, be clearer, and have a much nicer sound. I wish I still had mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
People were having issues with the first ones that came out, but I have heard zero issues with the Leviathan II.

very nice... how would you wire a 3-way active system using the leviathan? bridge channels 1-4 for the midbass drivers in the doors and channels 5-6 to some components?

3 way active would be a 2 tweeters, 2 midranges, and 2 midbass each on its own channel with no passive crossover networks in between the amp and the speakers. All processing would be done before the signal is amplified.

As for 6 channels look at Audio System Twister. Made by Orca who is the same company responsible for Masconi.

3 way active would be a 2 tweeters, 2 midranges, and 2 midbass each on its own channel with no passive crossover networks in between the amp and the speakers. All processing would be done before the signal is amplified.
As for 6 channels look at Audio System Twister. Made by Orca who is the same company responsible for Masconi.

THANX for the advice. what ig i bridged channels 1-4 for the mid bas drivers active then ran channels 5-6 to some components with crossovers. would that work? i wanna throw more than 300 watts @ 4ohm to my mids

quick question but why in the he'll would you want to throw that much power to your mids? most mids cannot termally handle the power let alone the mechanical abuse

running

tweets channel 1&2

mids channel 3&4

and mid-bass channels 5&6

would yield you good results and get **** loud

and why buy an amp with so much processing power then run your components passive

i also dont know how you are going to manage 300watts at 4 ohm bridged it more like 500 or more

edit just saw you were running a double midbass system so just run each individual speaker tweeter on its own channel any more power is a waste and will most likely blow your speakers

quick question but why in the he'll would you want to throw that much power to your mids? most mids cannot termally handle the power let alone the mechanical abuserunning

tweets channel 1&2

mids channel 3&4

and mid-bass channels 5&6

would yield you good results and get **** loud

and why buy an amp with so much processing power then run your components passive

i also dont know how you are going to manage 300watts at 4 ohm bridged it more like 500 or more

edit just saw you were running a double midbass system so just run each individual speaker tweeter on its own channel any more power is a waste and will most likely blow your speakers

hell... i had 600 watts @ 4ohm going to my idq8's back in the day. of course the gain is way down. gives you more compression and of course... volume. im looking for a fun system. straight metal in your face lol

well the id8s are pretty much subs that play quiet high and turning the gain down doesnt raise compression.

generally the more power you feed them the higher the power compression goes. and power compression in general just means that even though u feed the speaker 300w the rise in resistance in the coil cause the sub to react as if it was on less power.

and if your careful with the gain you prolly wont be sending the full 300w to the mids anyway just a fraction of that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...