JL Hd1200/1 T1D4?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Serioz1

CarAudio.com Newbie
My 1 W7 is too much for this amp. How would a T1 12” D4 single work?gain turned down. I’m looking to reduce the space of the current 2x 12” P3’s that sound and perform amazing in a ported Qbomb box. I want to do a single T1 12” in a qbomb box. What are your thoughts? The main goal is to save on space and still here big sound that I can run for hours. The w7 will overheat my amp in about 45m of play. Need something more efficient.

Look at this sub. I'm not sure if it matches your criteria though.
20200306_035933.jpg

My 1 W7 is too much for this amp. How would a T1 12” D4 single work?gain turned down. I’m looking to reduce the space of the current 2x 12” P3’s that sound and perform amazing in a ported Qbomb box. I want to do a single T1 12” in a qbomb box. What are your thoughts? The main goal is to save on space and still here big sound that I can run for hours. The w7 will overheat my amp in about 45m of play. Need something more efficient.
What amp?

Its in the subject line, JL HD1200.

If its running hot its a gain issue. That amp is stable down to 1.5 ohms which is the lowest that W7 comes in.

Op needs to learn correct amp settings instead of swapping equipment like underpants.
Sorry I didn’t even look at that becuase I was so confused by the ask. A w7 and hd1200 is like spaghetti and meatballs for all the jl heads. I was thinking “turn your gains down bruh”

I have correct settings and am wondering if I got a faulty amp from JL. The amp just gets way to hot for normal use. Gain is set at half and the settings are set per JL’s specs. I talked to a JL rep and replaced the sub to make sure it wasn’t the sub. I have two batteries and all is gauges properly. I try not to jump to conclusions and I definitely don’t think everyone is an idiot especially if they are reaching out for advice or other people’s experience. Thanks for the input though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.