JL HD amps

Blinkdogo2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
aiken, sc
not a detailed review,,, its in my friends car and after the day he got it put in by the shop we all jammed out in it, and this is what i have to say

not clear at high volumes

get very hot

good at normal to sorta loud volumes

application

the 675/1 or sumtn like that with the matching 4 chan

running a 13 w6

and running a set of comp 6.5 C5 and comp 6.5ZR

very dissapointed

the mono kept blowing 50 amp fuses ,, so much for them not drawing much current. and the sub sounded like ****,, i think cuz the box wasnt good. but it sounded under powered

u couldnt rest ur hand on the amps long or ud be in sum major pain

as far as crossovers i couldnt see how it was set cuz half the amp was hidden

yep my friend was recently called by the audio shop to come and exchange his jl hd amps for the new ones. so for people buying hd amps off the internet, i hope ur gettn the newer versions

Ya my buddy has one of these in his tahoe and it does get HOT!!! As far as performance i thought it powered the speakers well, but i also thought the sub seemed a bit underpowered. Then again my buddy had it in a small fiberglass box probably not built to spec.

I heard a HD 750/1 on a soundstream 18" XXX and it was loud!!! lol... I touched the amp and it wasn't hot...just warm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Sounds like bad install/box specs.

I heard a Car Toy's Employee Demo car running these amps and it sounded amazing at very high volume levels.

If you are blowing fuses then there is something wrong with the install and or your friends grounds.

I will have to say the problem is in the install. We have had nothing but good luck out of all the HD amps we have sold at our shop. The 750/1 is a great amp, strong, and does get warm but not hot.

i had 3 of the jl hd 750/1 and the 6004 never got hot and it was in a boat one of the 750/1 was on a jl 12w7 and it sounded good i would hammer this system for 6 to 8 hrs at a time never had a problem with the amps and that was seating still at party cove in the texas heat

I have the 750/1 and am very very happy with it. Does not get hot to the touch in my car, and it pounds for days. I am about to purchase the 600/4 model to replace my XD400/4 one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have a new HD900/5 and it gets hotter than ell just playing at normal volumes and I'm only using 3 of the channels.It even gets pretty warm while its not even playing.It is under the passenger seat of my pickup,but isn't blocked in any way.I'm going to make a small,fully exposed amp rack,elevating the amp 3/4" on rails,before resorting to a fan assist though. It powers my speakers great,with plenty of sub power to the SWR1223.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Blinkdogo2

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Blinkdogo2
aiken, sc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies