JL Audio W7

86vette07
10+ year member

I might be able to get my hands on a 12 w7 in the red and grey box i think its a pro wedge box, the one from Jl for $250. I know Jl is high dollar and is under rates alot of its power, with that being said should I consider it will it it hard? Or should I stick with my original plan and get some Memphis Mojo, or DB Drive Platinum? What would wit harder?

Stick with the memphis. You'll be better off and probably will have saved some money. I think that the memphis will hit harder anyways.

really thanks for the advice yeah i have seen good things from memphis and db drive. I just cant believe how exp the mojos are maybe im looking in the wrong places.

jesus come on. I honesly would take the 12W7 over the memphis any day of the week. $250 isn't too bad of a price.

yeah snag the jl not a bad price. not the best but should be fun. even if you dont like it you can resell it for alot more on craigslist

$250 for a 12W7 with box and people are recommending for you not to get it? Bunch of haters. Jump on the 12w7 man. I have one and it is one sweet driver.

Id get the w7 for that price, but the new style mojos hit a significant amount harder then the 12w7s, the w7s are better sq wise but the mojos arent bad sq wise either.

those against the w7
can you recommend a 12" sub+box that will outperform it for $250?
Build your own box for any sub you get bro. Well unless you get that w7, im not sure if that box is good or not. Id personally go for something else, but if you like the w7 and its cheap might as well get it. Id go for the memphis or db drives myself tho, assuming i could afford to get it. Might be able to find a nice memphis used, then build your own box to specs and it should get loud.

Make a custom box for the 12W7, i went from custom box to that high output box you are talking to and it did not hit nearly as hard.

Go with a custom slot ported box with the JL 12w7 and you wont be let down.

$250 is a great price, sold mine with the H.O. box for $425...lol

Regardless you can turn a profit and put it towards the Mojo fund if the W7 just doesn't tickle your fancy.

I say grab the dub7 in the box, sell that HO box for around 100 or so on CL and then you have a Great sub for like $150.

Throw together a decent slot ported box and you have a really good sub+box for under 200bucks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.