JL Audio W7 Question

10W7's or 12W7

• 2 10W7's with 1000/1

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • 1 12W7 with 1000/1

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Better as for what? two 10w7 should have a displacement in SPL, providing installation is proper on both setup. For space saving, the 12w7 is better. Take your pick.

Both of them, 10's would be quite a bit louder, 12 may go a little bit lower, but you may not even necessarily notice it. I would vote the 13w7 over the 12, thats a little more comparable to 2 tens.

ah! the 10w7 should get louder, theoretically. But two of them will require a much bigger enclosure than a single 12".

yeah. I'm probably going to have a fiberglass made, or make one. So, I made a good choice with the 1000/1 as the amp or you think 1000W wont be enough for the dual 10's? I want my truck to be loud AND clear when I turn it way up. What would you recomend for the fronts and backs to actually be able to hear them clear along with the bass when turned up? I dont want it to be nothing but a rumble, I want to listen to music, lol. Thanks again.

Just get a single 12w7 or 13w7 unless you have lots of money to burn. 2w7's would be soo expensive for me to buy. I could never even afford 1.

Any w7 will have amazing SQ so I wouldn't worry too much about that. They should get loud too.

I know they will sound awesome. The thing is I want to be able to turn the radio up and still hear the music and not just the bass. I was thinking MB Quart QSD216's but I dont know if they will be loud enough to hear over the bass when turned up. Thats what I want. Thanks again.

I know they will sound awesome. The thing is I want to be able to turn the radio up and still hear the music and not just the bass. I was thinking MB Quart QSD216's but I dont know if they will be loud enough to hear over the bass when turned up. Thats what I want. Thanks again.
as long as u have an amp to ur components that u get u will be able to hear the music very well. MB QUarts are good if u like harsh tweeters.

I say that the single w7 would be better since it will save you space, also that with your amp you can push it that 1000 watts while with the dual 10's it would roughly be seeing 500 watts each, and your best bet with those in your truck is to seal them. But in my opinion if you port the 12 w7 it would be really loud with that amp!

i once herd one 12" W7 powered by the 1000/1, it hit 145db and that was in an explorer. in a truck it would be louder due to the small space. you are perfectly fine getting one 12" W7. it'll probably save you money as well

Probably not, but for the money and saved space I think it would be the way to go. I would take either a 12w7, or I know it's not on the list but a 13w7 before I took 2 10w7's.

That is just my opinion thought.

here's the way i look at it w/amps

2 10w7's off hifonics bx1500d due to 1.5 ohm load

1 12w7 off phoenix gold tantrum due to 3ohms load

1 13w7 off phoenix gold tantrum OR jl 1000.1

might want ot do some more comparing w/amps, that jl1000.1 is a nice amp BUT 1$ per watt is kind of crazy

not going to cost me $1.00/watt though. thats why I'm wondering what you guys think would be louder. Before I was definetely leaning toward the dual 10's with the 1000/1 just to be symetrical in design too. But after all your comments about the setup, I am definetely going to get the dual 10's and push the 500 to each of them with the 1000/1, unless you think i'd be better off pushing more to each of them with a different amp? Thanks again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...