JL Audio VXi configuration

Participant count
  • Participant list

Superpop

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi Folks, I have a 2015 Mercedes S550 that I recently had an upgrade done on. I added a JL VXi 1000/1 Mono amp to power a W7AE Sub in a sealed enclosure. I also have a NAVTV fiber optic adapter to grab the signal from the factory head unit. For mids and highs I have the JL VXi 800/8 8 channel amp. I figured that the NAV TV and Amps would replace the factory amp but the tech left the factory amp in to cover the front center channel as the car had a 9 channel system before. Re-using Burmester door and rear decklid speakers for mid and high range and the two factory 8" subs in the front footwells for midbass. My question is, would I be better off running the two rear door speakers in parallel and using one of those two channels to drive the front center channel that is currently attached to the factory amp. Would like to sidestep the factory amp all together and have more control over the center channel through the TUN SW and I don't care about the rear seat soundstage as much. Does this make sense. I also do not want to have to worry about time alignment to the factory amp if I mess something up in the TUN SW. Installer did a decent job on the install but cut some corners, which I had to fix. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.