jl audio sub help

Participant count
  • Participant list

millerb415

i am looking at getting some new subs for my car, i was debating between ether getting 2 of the jl audio tw1 12 inch or one tw3 it will determine what amp i am getting so i was wondering what would give me the best sound quality i am placing them in a toyota camry so not a big car, matched with some infinity kappas in the front and back. what would you recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Between two JL TW1s and one JL TW3. You're going to get more output from the two TW1s, simply due to more cone area and together they can handle more power than the single TW3. As far as Sound Quality, I'm not sure it really matters which you get, they will both sound great in the correct custom enclosure.

If you have enough space then the two for sure, however if you are going to have to make the enclosure smaller than optimum for each of the two then a properly designed enclosure for the one would be the way I would go. Hard to go wrong with JL quality wise.

If you have enough space then the two for sure, however if you are going to have to make the enclosure smaller than optimum for each of the two then a properly designed enclosure for the one would be the way I would go. Hard to go wrong with JL quality wise.
i was planning on placing one on each side of the trunk in separate boxes each with enough air for one sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.