JL Audio 500/1: More Bang for my Buck

There aren't too many companies making amplifiers that will make the same power at any load between 1.5 and 4 ohms. That will give you the upper hand for any driver that may be particularly reactive in it's behavior. It makes over 725 watts and has quite a few other features that might make it worth the money to some.

Here's a test report on it.

http://www.carsound.com/review_archive/amps/jl_5001.html

Wow, I just realized that the new JL Audio w3v3 series had single voice coils. If you are going to run a pair of 2 ohm subs, why not look for a cheap 1,000 to 1,500 watt Class D amplifier for a 1 ohm load? Also, I think those 12s would laugh at 500 watts RMS split between the two of them.

That Eclipse amp is only rated for 600 watts RMS at 2 ohms. Besides, don't your 12s handle 500 watts RMS each?

The RMS Power Range is 75-300 Watts with a 600 peak at 4ohm. 600 rms joined on parallel for a 2ohm total with a 1200 peak. It would meet my 600rms landing, nothing more or less i guess. Correct me if I'm wrong, thats just what i've put together off the top of my head. I got the rating from onlinecarstero.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.