JL 500/1 12/24 DB slope switch shorting

Participant count
  • Participant list

6.5LDiesel
10+ year member

Im running a 12w6v2 in a 2.15cft box sealed running 4 gauge knukoncepts wire.

I bought the subwoofer and amp used for a good deal, the sub is in mint condition without a scratch and the amp looks like its been beaten a bit..

Only issue with the amp as it turns on, plays music well and doesnt get hot or shut off(thermal) is with the 12/24/off db switch. If i switch it to off, the subwoofer plays, if I switch it to 12db it will not work (no sound) If I switch it to 24db it will work only if you play around with the switch a little bit. If i hit a large bump it will stop playing and have to play with the switch again.

I am assuming this switch is bad and is it to possible to replace this? Id just like it to work, if it is possible to do with solder skills and if i need a correct type of 3 position switch.

Thank you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.