JL 13w7 power rating confusion.

It does have a pass through behind the armrest. Do you think that I could get a box built to fire there?
Honestly I think subs firing towards the rear of your car will be best. And honestly 90% of your problem is your box lol. I can't stress that enough.

Honestly I think subs firing towards the rear of your car will be best. And honestly 90% of your problem is your box lol. I can't stress that enough.
I'll do the new box thing but would you think that just opening that pass through would be compareable to removing rear deck speakers or cutting holes?

I guess I'm just disappointed in it so far. I have 1 1000/1 hooked up to it and I'm not that happy with the range. Could be the vehicle too. Infiniti has seats about 5-6 inches thick and they don't fold down. I used to have 2 12w0 in my camaro (hatchback of course) and I think it sounded better. I want to rattle the **** doors off and I can barely feel my seat vibrate.
i lol'd well i doubt you'll get that any time soon.

honestly I had two 13w7's and two 1000/1's and I felt they werent getting pushed to max, couldnt get them warm or even to xmax on alot of songs, I believe you can put 2k rms to one VERY CLEAN power though I don't let a dirty signal go to my subs so I may be alot easier on the gains than most and my boxes were built to spec hell I ran my kicker kx2500 to one 12w7 at 3ohms and it handled it like a boss just my 2cents I know alot may argue this so I will say it again I keep my gains BELOW clipping

i have had the 13w7 on both a 1000/1v2 and hd1200/1 and with the proper enclosure/tuning/unclipped power it seemed as if the sub was playing perfectly.

although jl states 1500rms they also say the optimum range is around 900-1200rms and at 1501watts they void the warranty. Im sure you may be able to throw more power at it but if you want that very expensive driver to last a long time I say no more than 1300 should be a safe bet

i have had the 13w7 on both a 1000/1v2 and hd1200/1 and with the proper enclosure/tuning/unclipped power it seemed as if the sub was playing perfectly.although jl states 1500rms they also say the optimum range is around 900-1200rms and at 1501watts they void the warranty. Im sure you may be able to throw more power at it but if you want that very expensive driver to last a long time I say no more than 1300 should be a safe bet
I have to ask was the 1000/1 more powerfull it seemed as if mine were putting out well over 1500 imo very strong amps just want to see if the hd is as good

Could not tell the difference output wise but each had a slight uniqueness in sound ...I personally like the 1000/1v2 as it has an adjustable subsonic (hd has either 30hrz or off) and a slightly warmer sound but its hard to beat the size and efficiency of the hd

yeah I just bought a 98 mustang gt and want to keep weight down and I was impressed with my 300/4 and 1000/1 but they are heavy amps and the new hd's are alot lighter lol

I think you should sell the JL and get a pair of subs that will suit you better. A new box will help a ton though!
I picked the JL because I have had good luck with them in the past. Also, this is in the trunk of an Infiniti G37 and I wanted to keep as much room as possible. (Not that there's a lot with this beast in there) I had originally had 2 12 Memphis C3's and blew 2 sets of them. Not sure how since I only had the 1000/1 hooked up and I had them professionally installed and double checked each time. I will say that Memphis backs its warranty well though. Each replacement set was free of charge and the last time they blew they upgraded them to the M5's (since the C3 was discontinued)which I put in my truck. They sound great with my new 1000/1v2.

I picked the JL because I have had good luck with them in the past. Also, this is in the trunk of an Infiniti G37 and I wanted to keep as much room as possible. (Not that there's a lot with this beast in there) I had originally had 2 12 Memphis C3's and blew 2 sets of them. Not sure how since I only had the 1000/1 hooked up and I had them professionally installed and double checked each time. I will say that Memphis backs its warranty well though. Each replacement set was free of charge and the last time they blew they upgraded them to the M5's (since the C3 was discontinued)which I put in my truck. They sound great with my new 1000/1v2.
memphis is real cheap nowadays imo there is alot better to be had for the money, hell I had two 13w1's on a slash 1000'1 lol now that would get stinky after a low hard song but they still worked like a champ, just saying there is alot better like for instance a sa12 just one would probably handle that amp no problem hell I had two on a kx2500 at 2ohms and couldn't even get the dustcap warm haha!

I'm not knocking JL or anything, because I love them. For the price though, you can get much louder and still sound good at a much cheaper price point. But, the JL in the right box will slam.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.