JL 12w7AE

Participant count
  • Participant list

Computer_Nurd26

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kansas
First of all I would just like to say hello to everyone, and this is my first time posting. I have been searching around the forum for a while and most people seem nice and knowledgeable. Anyways I just wanted to ask you guys a question. A shop in town has a pair of JL 12w7’s the guy said he would sell them to me for $1200. They are brand new still in the box. Do you guys think that is a pretty good deal? I know they retail for around $1,050 a piece. Also would a 1200/1v3 be enough to power 2 w7’s or do they need more power? Thanks for your input. Jeff

First of all I would just like to say hello to everyone, and this is my first time posting. I have been searching around the forum for a while and most people seem nice and knowledgeable. Anyways I just wanted to ask you guys a question. A shop in town has a pair of JL 12w7’s the guy said he would sell them to me for $1200. They are brand new still in the box. Do you guys think that is a pretty good deal? I know they retail for around $1,050 a piece. Also would a 1200/1v3 be enough to power 2 w7’s or do they need more power? Thanks for your input. Jeff
Not a bad deal; ASSUMING of course they are indeed brand new. Because of their inherent nature W7s take alot of abuse. This is not a subwoofer Id necessarily want to buy second hand.

Man I’m an idiot. Sold two perfect condition
12w7’s for 250 total four years ago. Honesty just didn’t think they were that good at the time. I think that price is good if they’re new and warrantied. I think the 12’s can take 1k each right

Man I’m an idiot. Sold two perfect condition
12w7’s for 250 total four years ago. Honesty just didn’t think they were that good at the time. I think that price is good if they’re new and warrantied. I think the 12’s can take 1k each right
Wow somebody scored.
Yea somewhere around 1000 watts minimum continuous.

W7s are like a flagship luxury car. Let someone else take the decpreciation and buy one lightly used and well cared for instead of overpaying on a brand new one. Especially when there is better performance for the dollar.
Yes I would agree. Acoustic Elegance, Stereo Integrity, Audiofrog offer comparable if not better performance (SQ) for the dollar.
I wasnt crazy about the 12W7 I had in my 2001 Honda S2000. In full disclosure it was sealed within the Hondas trunk well (tire jack space) and I only had somewhere around 650 watts Class A/B driving it. Most would say thats a lose-lose configuration all around. Additionally, the convertible further worsens matters.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.