JL 10w7 non AE & Crunch GPV 2000.1 to much, little power?

jerem0y

I have a Jl audio 10w7, not ae. Im using a crunch GPV 2000.1 to power the subwoofer and it sounds really nice and clear, but im not really sure will this Amp be enough for this subwoofer or maybe too much? when I start to turn the bass up on my factory head unit at 60%+ I hear a loud crunch kind of sound come from the sub, is this clipping? or is it just to much power? either way im sure its not good for this sub, can someone give me advice?

Okay awesome. I do have the bass boost on the amp about half way up. sub sonic is off (idk even know what that is) and the other amp settings i just kinda adjusted while listening to the sub, for the best sound. How i have everything set right now it sounds fine, Im just really curious if this subwoofer actually has potential to be pushed alot harder than I have been pushing it. the ground wire i have has to be a smaller size than 8 gauge, but im sure that the power cable is atleast 8 gauge.

I dont really have the funds to get a new amp or wiring ATM, so with the bass boost off on the amp, is it safe for the subwoofers sake to be running like this? like I said what its currently on, it does hit hard and clear and is very enjoyable. Just wondering whats the best for this expensive *** sub I would hate to see damaged.

And I bought a Amplifier connection kit for 1000 watts at autozone thats what its running with

Buy a foot of bigger ground wire, turn off bass boost on amp, turn off bass on head unit, set ssf properly, set lpf properly, set gain properly, and your sub should last a while.

Bass boost off,ssf need to know what kind of box,lpf set to 80 or close to it,find the setting gains sticky or buy a dd1. I would upgrade to atleast 4 gauge wire all around its just a start...I would link everything but beer fyi.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.