JL 1000/1's and some other amp talk.

boomzabit
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Minnesota
Im changing things up in my truck. Trying real hard to stay at or around 1000 watts total. Right now I have an older kicker kx 1200.1 pushing some Type r's under my rear seat. Im looking at and will probably end up buying one of the two JL 1000/1's or possibly both off a guy that I scored a couple w7's off of. Amps honestly look like new I was actually surprised on the condition.

I guess my question is does anyone know how the old 1000/1 compare to the v2 models? And is this amp a "better" option then my old kx 1200.1? Also how would one compare to say an RF T1000? I like how the JL is rated or claimed to do 1k watts at 1.5-4ohm. I imagine this helps with impedence rise and somewhat insures I get 1000 watts across the board? My plan is to eventually ditch one of the 13 w7's and pick up a pair of 8 w7's. (Not a JL guy any means)

What are the drawbacks of these amp if any, besides retail price?

Im changing things up in my truck. Trying real hard to stay at or around 1000 watts total. Right now I have an older kicker kx 1200.1 pushing some Type r's under my rear seat. Im looking at and will probably end up buying one of the two JL 1000/1's or possibly both off a guy that I scored a couple w7's off of. Amps honestly look like new I was actually surprised on the condition.
I guess my question is does anyone know how the old 1000/1 compare to the v2 models? And is this amp a "better" option then my old kx 1200.1? Also how would one compare to say an RF T1000? I like how the JL is rated or claimed to do 1k watts at 1.5-4ohm. I imagine this helps with impedence rise and somewhat insures I get 1000 watts across the board? My plan is to eventually ditch one of the 13 w7's and pick up a pair of 8 w7's. (Not a JL guy any means)

What are the drawbacks of these amp if any, besides retail price?
Clear your pms

The 1000/1's are killer amps. I've had both the v1 and v2. I believe the v2 makes a little more power and has a few other tiny provisions

So they are inefficient? In know my kx is fairly inefficient and it not as versible as the JL amps.. either that or look into an RF T1000?

So would it be wise for me to go for the v2 over the standard 1000/1? 60%?

Im going keep my kx around so I have something to compare too.

I used them, they are large and some say inefficient. I left some old RF punch amps, so I didnt notice the inefficent part, pullled on my electical the same. Good amps and do their rated power and sound good. I guess at this point, you can get newer smaller amps that will do the same power. You said you had a truck and subs under seat so I assume you have a pickup. The JL is a big amp to place in a pickup so something else to think about.

Out of curiosity what amps are efficient? Like I said Like the JL slash amps cause JL claims they do 1k from 1-4ohm's.

Ideally id like an HD1200/1 because they are in fact small and can be hidden. The truck is an ext cab and very seldom do I ever have people in the back. And never behind my drivers seat. So the amp sits flush on the floor behind my seat.

Id like to run a set of 8's under the rear seat facing forward behind my drivers seat..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.