Jensen VM9512?

dabear1029

Does anybody have an opinion on the Jensen VM9512? It has everything I want, priced nicely, and has pretty good reviews on all the sites I visit.

Here's a link: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9863_Jensen+VM9512.html#

If not, is there another headunit like this one that would be better?

Here's what it needs to have:

Single Din

Touchscreen

Bluetooth

iPod Direct Connect

Front and Sub Outputs

Would be nice to have:

Nav.

HD Radio

Rear View Cam Input

Any ideas?

*Edit: Would like to keep it under ~$700

I have it and its a piece of ****. The sound quality when driving amps is super poor as opposed to even starter alpines, panasonics, kenwoods etc.... I have a full aftermarket setup and the vm9512 is injecting alternator whine into my system. When I put the vm9512, I have sever alt noise. When I pull it out and throw in my alpine cda-9885, I have super spotless sound with not a hint of whine. The vm9512 is just a stinking piece of garbage which I will be selling to cexchange.com

Dave, I swear to you its the case. If you think I am full of ****, I will take a pic of the vm9512 in my rsx type s tom and I will show you that I am not lying. I will do what you tell me so you know its really my car. I am just trying to save other people the stress that this garbage causes. This has zero noise isolation and is built like crap. It might be ok honestly if you are just using its internal amp to drive stock speaks. It might do the trick for that but if you have an aftermarket system and amps, expect huge trouble with the vm9512. In addition, the bluetooth works like a piece of **** too. This is just not worth the hassle. Pony up and get one of the clarions or something if you dont have the funds to go for the others.

I have the same unit...

... I didn't even bother utilizing the speaker outputs... The unit just don't put out enough power for my satisfication.

I have everything runnin' off amps ( Including the tweeters ).

... But overall it's a good Flipout ( Just don't have the power ).

I'd suggest you do the same ( As far as the amps go - you probably could get away with running your tweeters off the H/U )

... Buyin' an EQ/Preamp/Crossover & Line Driver

NissanKicker, than mine is a heavily defective unit. Its ok because I am getting rid of it anyways. Never another Jensen for me. i will never go below a jvc or something like that again. No more bargain brands for me.

I have installed many of these units with and without amps and everyone is correct it just does not have any pre out voltage. The unit is not a bad unit, but not a great one either. A nice eq with high voltage out does help a bit, but is just a add cost. The Panasonic units are not much more and are better units.

i had a jensen and returned it the next day. sq was def trash. this was about 3 weeks ago... dont get it man. buy a used alpine or pioneer if not then look at a clarion. you'll be much happier. my alpine iva d300 gos in this weekend!! lol. good luck with your desicion

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.